Sybex A+ Complete Study Guide

ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
Ive been Studying for A+ Certification for 3 Months at my local university.
The course is now complete so i decided to get some practice exams. Only, now i realize that most of the questions had me guessing.
Is it just me? .... or the book really suxs!!
The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sybex is a good book. try the practice exams on this site.
  • luCiDluCiD Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What sucks about it? It doesn't cover what your A+ class did?
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Might be the class. Most people on here have had great results using Sybex materials for any cert, definately A+. If you think the book sux, I'd recommend Mike Myers' A+ Passport Second Edition. Also, make sure you have an up to date version of the book, as the objectives for A+ changed in 2003. Could make a decent difference.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only study books I have used are Sybex. Actually have Sybex's 70-290 opened in fromt of me now. I have had good success with them, but then again, no 2 ppl are alike. Just find the book that makes it sink in easier.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ASUSTeK wrote:
    Ive been Studying for A+ Certification for 3 Months at my local university.
    The course is now complete so i decided to get some practice exams. Only, now i realize that most of the questions had me guessing.
    Is it just me? .... or the book really suxs!!

Was it that the wording was unfamilar to you? Or you in fact were not presented the material well?

Sybex and Meyers books as well as this site, should help fill in the blanks for you. :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?