ROUTE exam passed!

MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
Passed ROUTE!!

Just got back from the testing center.. Passed first time! This one feels good.. I've been studying since August. Well now it's right into Switch studies. Got a couple 2950's and a 3550, might pick up another 3550 too. Thanks to all who have been helpful with any questions I had, I appreciate it. This is really a great forum with tons of knowledgeable people.

Things I used to pass:

The question is what didn't I use lol. Route OCG, Route FLG, Route lab manual, Cisco white pages, forums, google this, google that, my home lab, etc.
Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi

Comments

• wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congratulations!!! I found your OSPF over Frame Relay post helpful.

How many hours of study were you doing each day?

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congratz on your pass!!!
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    how did you find it? was it stressful ? did you finish with time to spare ?

I am sitting for ROUTE in 2 weeks - congrats its a massive achievement considering how indepth route is

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Thanks guys!

Wave- Glad you found it helpful! Yea Frame Relay took me awhile to get it down, especially trying to run the various OSPF flavors over it. On average I'd study 5 days a week. 2 of the days maybe only 2 hours, but the other 3 days like 5-6 hours. I studied very heavy during the summer because I wasn't in classes. Then in fall and winter I've been in college courses, which took a significant amount of time from me. I studies when I could and sometimes got in a groove and didn't count for how long.. just went till I couldn't take it no longer lol

Shanman-Thanks man

mattau- I actually found it incredibly solid. Every question was in the material I covered, so no surprises. I'll say that make sure you cover all topics lol, anything and everything can be touched, but you already knew that. It was 2 hours and I probably could've had significant time, but one sim really got me. It took me forever, and the longer I was on it, the more panic started to set in. I finally moved on even though I knew there was one thing I missed, but had to move on in order to finish in time. I finished with about 2 mins left. Thanks for the congrats, and good luck to you on yours!! If you don't pass no biggie, just brush up on your weak areas and hit it again, that's what I told myself.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    lol yep, hate that feeling of the clock ticking on a sim you cant figure out

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Yea it's funny because even though I passed I'm just going over a couple sims in my head. I can remember them so well because they gave me so much grief. When I got home I drew out the topology on my whiteboard and as much as I could remember about the configs. And then today when I was away from home I was still pondering it and it finally hit me.. I know exactly what was wrong now!! Now I can let it go lol
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

I remember the ROUTE exam. It was not too bad. The SWITCH exam is a different story. Really rough.

Good Luck!!!