Options

Dell Power Vault nx1950 with an MD3000 issue

CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
Hello,

I am trying to make use of our iSCSI system. The SAN has 15 bays (each with a 300GB drive). Bays 4, 6, and 14 were reporting failures. I replaced the drive with good ones (same model, size, etc). After swapping the drive, I still have errors on the same bays. We plan on wiping this system out, and rebuilding it from scratch. Do you think I have a faulty backplane, or can I reset SAN?

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you buy the drive from Dell or Dell reseller? Our MD3200i would only accept HD with specific Dell firmware for MD series.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    dave330i wrote: »
    Did you buy the drive from Dell or Dell reseller? Our MD3200i would only accept HD with specific Dell firmware for MD series.

Dave is right Dell use to only support Dell drives in the MD3000 and Just about all their products after lot's of complaining they change their minds and now support none Dell drives you'll still get yellow bangs inside of open manager if you use it. So check for Firmware and Driver Updates from support.dell.com plug your service tag in and get what you need. Update the controller card on the server. As for the backplane being bad that's not a common issue does not happen often.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246