Options

220-801 , 220-802 Objectives

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
Not sure if anyone has posted yet. Looks like some interesting editions for the next installment of A+ Certification. Virtualisation & Mobile Devices etc..

You may sign up here to receive the latest objectives:
http://certification.comptia.org/Training/testingcenters/examobjectives.aspx

801: Virtualisation, USB 3, VGA Vs HDMI, Custom Config Systems, Virtualisation Systems, CAD Design Workstations, Gaming PC's, Media Streaming, NAS, Networking Tools(Crimper, Loopback Plug Etc...), LED, OLED, 802: WWAN, Client-Side Virtualisation, Mobile Devices, Android Vs. IOS, GPS and Geotracking, E-mail Config(G-mail/Exchange), Securing Mobile Devices, Tablets, Lots Of Troubleshooting.

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for them to release the objectives but haven't checked in a while.

One thing I like about these objectives is that the lines of what is covered in each exam seems to be more firmly defined. For example, the 801 exam is focused strictly on hardware. The 802 exam has operating systems and software tools (and some hardware) so the test taker will have a better idea of what concepts to study for each exam. I also like the way that laptops and printers are only in 801 and Security and Mobile Devices are only in the 802 exam. Right now with the 701 and 702 exams, many of the topics are mixed and some test takers have even said that they couldn't tell the difference between the two exams.

On the operating systems, as expected Windows 2000 is gone. They left Windows Vista in addition to adding Windows 7. Again though, they provided some clarity on what you need to know unique to Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7. They'll probably do a mid-stream addition to add Windows 8 in January 2014 similar to how they added Windows 7 to the 701 and 702 exams.

This page CompTIA A+ talks about a Subject Matter Expert (SME) workshop in April for the A+. I imagine they'll announce when the exam will be available sometime after the April workshop.
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    My apologies for bypassing the CompTia sign up process, I didn't even think when I posted.

Agreed Darril, I think it will allow for a much more focused and structured approach towards studying for the exams.

Currently you kind of just study everything for both exams. Well that's what I have been doing anyway as both exams seem to mesh.
  • Options
    Bryzey wrote: »
    Currently you kind of just study everything for both exams.

Yes. And many people express frustration at the sheer volume of material making it quite difficult to tackle it all at once. Many versions ago, the exam was separated into one exam for hardware and one exam for software (operating systems and applications). This seems to be a step in that direction again.
  • Options
    Harry.BabbageHarry.Babbage Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the 701-702 exams still valid or will i have to take the 801-802 instead??
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Yeah, the 701 and 702 exams are still running. I do not think that they have released the date for the 801 and 802 exams.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is it ok to study for 801 802 but is taking the 701 702 test?
  • Options
    @Harry.Babbage: THe 701/702 exams will still be availabe until August 31, 2013. Informally, CompTIA has said the 801 and 802 exams will be out sometime in September to mid October.

@super22: It's best to study for the exam you plan on taking. If you study for the new one, and take the old one you might see some material that isn't covered on the new objectives.

This blog article gives some details on the 801/802 exams: http://blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/comptia-a-certification/
  • Options
    HatemTommyHatemTommy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for that useful topic I was really confused when I watched professor messer videos and found the 801 series and then the 701 and 702 :)