Options

EC Council ENSA or CCNA SECURITY

sathwiksathwik Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hai All...
am currently working as a Network Engineer and want to take up my carreer as a Network Security Admin...am confused whether to move on to do ENSA of Ecouncil or go on for CCNA Sec Certification.
and if u suggest for CCNA Sec then is it gud that 1st complete CCNP( R & S) then go for CCNA Sec or shall i Straight away go forCCNA Sec
Please help...

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    If you work with a good amount of Cisco Gear I'd hit the CCNA Security.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Thanku Steve...
    1 more thing is that... is it gud to do ccnp 1st before ccna sec or doing straight away ccna sec will be gud...
  • Options
    The Security track branches off from Routing and Switching, so you don't need to have that CCNP Level before going into CCNA Security. CCNA Security will focus on Switch Security, IPSec VPN, IOS Firewall, IOS IPS, and so forth (check the Exam Objectives for more detail), where as CCNP will focus on your ability to implement and troubleshoot routing protocols and switching technologies. So we are talking about two different worlds.

One thing to keep in mind though routing is what runs a network.

Learning new technologies is always good, however it depends on what you do with the knowledge is what makes it a good choice.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    thankx alot Steve...
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Depends on what you want to do for your career and why you are getting the certification.

IMHO, CCNA Sec is more recognized than ENSA.
    But more importantly, they have different focus - CCNA Sec is purely network security, whereas ENSA seems to cover "sysadmin / network admin" type of security - including security of networked OS, IDS, firewalls, honeypots, etc.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    thankx Choose life...
    going thru threads yea i feel i shud take ""CCNA:S""...
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck then. But again, make sure you do it for the right reasons.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Sure ChooseLife...Thanku...:)
  • Options
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    Good luck then. But again, make sure you do it for the right reasons.

+1 to this, make sure Cisco Security is something you want to dive into. It will make work a bit easier, along with studying.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ECSA (Security Analyst) is primarily used as either a poor replacement for the CISA or a stepping stone to EC Council's Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) credential. Neither certification is particularly marketable as the CCNA, CCNA:Security or CCNP.

- beads
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Of note, the ENSA is nearly impossible to self study for without the official courseware, or just experience.