Taking ICND1 exam tomorrow...

imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking ICND1 tomorrow...I have used Labsim and Ucertify, as well as The Cisco Network Simulator and Study Guide for ICND1....Wish me luck!icon_silent.gif

Comments

• KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! And let us know how you do! :)
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Good luck.
    You can do it!!!
  • bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!

Get a good nights sleep.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Good luck to ya!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck

take your time and read the question and answer at leaste 2 times
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    imthatguy wrote: »
    Taking ICND1 tomorrow...I have used Labsim and Ucertify, as well as The Cisco Network Simulator and Study Guide for ICND1....Wish me luck!icon_silent.gif

Good luck! Take your time and read the questions/answers VERY carefully!!!!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, so, the confident individual I am, I thought I could just go ahead and bypass the tutorial before the exam--just because I've taken many certification exams before..."Who needs the tutorial?" I always ask myself....This time, I should have read the tutorial. I went through the test, fine as can be, leaving the more involved questions to be taken care of at the end, of course, leaving them blank in the process...I would continue on to the next question until I finally reached the end of the test, ready to go back over the ones I didn't answer at all or completely...What a mistake...What I didn't realize, is that, I'm assuming, at least, that on Cisco exams, you can't go back and review the questions after making your answer choice (or not making one) and moving on to the next question...after getting to the last question, and hitting "Next", I was assuming I would transferred to a review screen, as there was an "End Exam" option in the lower left corner also. Boy was I wrong....The test completed, with my results showing a 775 out of 1000--EPIC..you know.... I had not answered several questions at all, and and a few were incomplete...What a mistake! Lesson learned..I will be ready this next go around.
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. But yes, lesson learned. Cisco tests don't let you go back an answer previous questions. But by all means you got a great score for not even answering a few questions.

My advice is to read the tutorial, take that time to jot down notes (I put down my binary numbers, powers of 2, etc), and calm your nerves.

You'll get it your next time around!
  • WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    imthatguy wrote: »
    Yeah, so, the confident individual I am, I thought I could just go ahead and bypass the tutorial before the exam--just because I've taken many certification exams before..."Who needs the tutorial?" I always ask myself....This time, I should have read the tutorial. I went through the test, fine as can be, leaving the more involved questions to be taken care of at the end, of course, leaving them blank in the process...I would continue on to the next question until I finally reached the end of the test, ready to go back over the ones I didn't answer at all or completely...What a mistake...What I didn't realize, is that, I'm assuming, at least, that on Cisco exams, you can't go back and review the questions after making your answer choice (or not making one) and moving on to the next question...after getting to the last question, and hitting "Next", I was assuming I would transferred to a review screen, as there was an "End Exam" option in the lower left corner also. Boy was I wrong....The test completed, with my results showing a 775 out of 1000--EPIC..you know.... I had not answered several questions at all, and and a few were incomplete...What a mistake! Lesson learned..I will be ready this next go around.

Oh man, what a bummmer. Hard way to learn a lesson. Well at least you know you will get it next time for sure.
    Never stop learning.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ouch, that's terrible -_- I would have been really disturbed after that. You'll get it next time.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow; lesson learned you will get it the next time with a real good score.
  • xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    Ouch. One thing about cisco, they don't screw around on their exams! Guess it's a lesson learned. I have my Icnd1 next week. I remember reading somewhere that you can't go back to redo questions, but I had forgotten about that until i saw your post. So if it's any consolodation, posting about your error might help others pass!

GL on your next go though, from the score you get, looks like you have the knowledge to pass the test easily!
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    So sorry to hear that. But with a score of 775 with the missing answers means you are more than ready for this exam. I guess its because you got so use to CompTIA and Microsoft type exams it didn't cross your mind that Cisco exams would be different to that regard.
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    That's rough.
    Wouldn't that have been a great story if you would have passed anyway? LOL
    You almost did it.

On a smaller scale, on my CCNA exam, I answered the first question of a 5 question simlet and hit next and went right to the next new question, bypassing the other 4 questions on the simlet. I still managed to pass though, so I got lucky.

You should knock it out next time.
    Good luck!
  • bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry OP. Like others said if you got a 775 and skipped Qs. Wow, you are going to rip it up next time!
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    That's rough.
    Wouldn't that have been a great story if you would have passed anyway? LOL
    You almost did it.

On a smaller scale, on my CCNA exam, I answered the first question of a 5 question simlet and hit next and went right to the next new question, bypassing the other 4 questions on the simlet. I still managed to pass though, so I got lucky.

You should knock it out next time.
    Good luck!

So it also doesn't tell you when you have not picked enough answers for that question? That has happened to me twice while testing for CompTIA, but it let me know. I guess I get in a hurry.