Options

Anyone having hard/software problems on leap day?

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
Once every four years there is a mini-Y2K opportunity on February 29th to discover for OEMs and vendors which of their products they forgot to test for operation on leap day. I've already run across one custom software package that has no concept of leap day, and is forcing users to enter records using the date March 1st.

Anyone else notice similar problem with their stuff, or spent a lot of valuable time troubleshooting unexpected behavior only to discover it was a leap day bug? Fun, fun, fun...

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not yet but the days early
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not that I'm aware of, but as N2IT said, the day is early...
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not that I'm aware of, but as N2IT said, the day is early...

I broke my coffee cup this wee-morning, moving my office furniture around. I consider it Hardware.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I consider it Hardware.
    Layers 1 & 8 definitely. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The last Y2K-like issue I've had with my own PeopleSoft application was when Bush passed the Energy Savings bill to change when DST would start and end back in '06. A lot of manual effort with that one, but other than that, leap years themselves have been uneventful.

Not for nothing, but my own issues with Y2K itself was very uneventful....
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My ye-olde dishwasher (that has a date on the panel on the front..... why!?) doesn't understand the 29th Feb and rolled over to the 1st March requiring a date reset. Thankfully, dishwashing operations were not impacted.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    We had someone accidentally delete all of the firewall rules so so we went in to a "deny any/any" state. Made for an interesting afternoon....
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    I only encountered one system with a reporting feature that refused to report anything that happened after Feb 28 2012 23:59:59. Still waiting on the patch to be released.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    Crypto keys are making alot of our remote sites screw up.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.