Options

Good price on a 2811?

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
Cisco 2811 Router 64F/256D IOS 15.1T VPN SDM CME 8.0 Best for CCNA CCNP CCIE (008265810181) | eBay

I'm looking at getting a good router to work with for my CCNP + CCNA:V studies. Also, I'd like to use it as my main router for my test server in my office. Picked up a bunch of 7940G phones + a couple of 3550's. Figure get one of the 2811's then just pick up couple of 2611xm or around there. Thanks in advance.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    thats fine for CCNP, but if you are looking for voice you will come up short as it doesnt' have any PVDMS. You can get one for close to 400 buy PVDM's and VWIC's and still be close to that price if you look around hard enough.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Dang is voice complicated. So even with CME installed on the router I would still need a DSP/PVDMS? I mainly want to play around with a sip provider. Also, on DSP/PVDMS that is say 8 channels, does that mean it's limited to only 8 calls at a time?
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    depends on the sip service, if you are getting G729 you will need DSP's to transcode up and down. I you want MOH, and other supplementary services you will need DSP's. You could prob get by with out them for sip, but eventually you will need them when you want to start using PRI's and so on.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related