PASSED my ROUTE and TSHOOT exam - Im a CCNP

ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys. A couple of weeks I passed the ROUTE exam and today just passed the TSHOOT one. Finally I am a CCNP.

For my ROUTE studies I used:

Foundation Learning Guide - Diane Teare
Some topics from the Official Certification Guide - Wendell Odom
The old trainsignal videos from Chris Bryant - I highly recommend the EIGRP, OSPF and BGP videos from there. I also viewed the CBTNuggets but just to grasp the basics. The old trainsignals are the real deal if you want to pass the exam. You will see the difference when taking the exam.
As my gear GNS3 and I am lucky to have my real gear as well, but with GNS3 is enough. I found this exam a little easier than the Switching one, but it is a tough one, fair exam but tough. And I say this not to scare you, just make sure you understand the key topics well.

For the TSHOOT:

Foundation Learning - Amir Ranjbar (If you have experience, there's no need to read beyond chapter 2)
I used packet tracer and gns3 to simulate the topology posted at cisco's website. The Kevin Wallace youtube videos.
In overall with the ROUTE and SWITCH knowledge is more than enough. The exam is the easiest of the three, I was able to finish it in little less than 30 mins.

I wont post my scores, but 9+. So guys don't stop ask a lot when in doubt, study and you will succeed.

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats, big accomplishment! I'm looking to get there as well before the summer.. Sounds like you studied hard and it paid of for you. What's next on the table?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    fantastic achievement and thanks for posting your resources

• waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What was the last sentance? which was the easiest of the three?
  • ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    waragi wrote: »
    What was the last sentance? which was the easiest of the three?

Hi thanks for your comments!! I really appreciated.

Well I took the SWITCH exam first, the ROUTE and finally TSHOOT. I found the SWITCH exam the hardest and the TSHOOT the easiest in the course.

For the SWITCH exam I haven't used the correct material to study. I thought that with some videos and the Foundation Library book was ok. Mistake! The Foundation Learning Book is ok for general education, but it lacked a lot of the technical stuff. The books from the old library from David Hucabby are the best! If I passed that exam was because my experience at work. As for the wireless topics, well I took the old cisco wireless courses and after that I took the CWNA certification.

For the ROUTE one, just with the tools I mentioned before. That was a fair exam.

TSHOOT, the easiest and the coolest exam I'd ever take. With the Route and Switching knowledge you will pass it easily. If you have never work in an enterprise environment, I suggest you to read the Foundation Learning Book completely. If you have experience with monitoring, maintaining, managing in such an environment, with the first 2 chapters will suffice.
    Don't forget that Cisco posted an exam Demo and the actual exam topology at their site. Oh, I also recommend the Kevin Wallace's youtube TSHOOT strategy videos, worth to see it. This will clarify doubts regarding this exam and of course it has some tips.

========
    Last sentence, what I meant. Keep on going, study hard and when in doubt don't hesitate to ask. You can also PM for tips or guidance!
    PS Forgive my english since Im not a native speaker.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations sir
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

I found the SWITCH to be the hardest and the TSHOOT to be the easiest as well.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed the ROUTE exam myself.. now onward to Troubleshooting then i'll be done with NP.. woot!
  • jtecsjtecs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success.
    I'm thinking it has a lot to do with your experience. I felt that SWITCH was easier than ROUTE mainly because I deal more with switches in the real world. TShoot by far, was the easiest of the three exams.