How do you leverage prioritary/specialized applications?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm just curious how people list/utilize specific experiences with specific toolsets? Internal ERP's that aren't COTS or maybe some in-house developed application. Do you break it down to what langauge it was programmed in or what the function of the tool was for? I know a lot of people in IT who support/program/etc with in-house applications. What would your approach be to listing these down on your Cv/resume

I just noticed I spelled proprietary and a list of other words wrong. Beer + Iphone = bad post

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's just my style so take it for what it's worth...

I only describe the application/system and the role that I played with that app/system. Listing the actual system name or internal groups that use it are usually not meaningful.

If it's an ERP system like you example, just say it's an ERP system. Most people know what that is...
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm inclined to agree with Paul78. Describe or refer to it by what type of system it is -- ERP, CRM, PSA, etc. Programming language doesn't matter unless I had an active role in supporting or developing it from that standpoint.

Even for more popular, commercially available systems, I wouldn't list the application name unless it is relevant to the job to which I'm applying. For example, if I were to apply for another MSP, I would definitely list Connectwise, our ticketing system (and the MSP ticketing system to use) on my resume. If applying to an internal position, it would be different.

"Improved SLAs adherence and customer satisfaction through effective use of Connectwise workflow rules"
    would become
    "Increased service team throughput and management by effectively designing ticket system automation rules"
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340