Options

N10-004 or N10-005?

xdilemmaxdilemma Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I've been studying for this exam for about 2 months now and I am going to take the test on Monday. My question is should I test for the N10-004 exam or N10-005? My study materials were Exam Cram by Mark Hardwood, Network+ All-In-One by Mike Myers, CBT Nuggets, Train Signal, Professor Messar and Sybex practice tests. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read the 05 Exam Cram by Michael Hardwood and the Mike Meyers Passport for 04. I had already prepaid for the 04 so I took that and passed easily.

It is up to you. Go over the objectives of both and take what you feel comfortable with.
  • Options
    xdilemmaxdilemma Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guess I'll go with the N10-004 thanks!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Just to add a little, your best bet is is to take the exam that you've studied for. If all of your sources are on N10-004 and you take the N10-005 exam, the exam will have some concepts you haven't seen before. Similarly, if your sources covered N10-005 and you take the N10-04 exam, some exam questions may be unfamiliar. If your sources are for both (like bud08's) you can choose. In my experience, hiring managers don't care what version you have, only whether you have the certification or not.

Good luck.