Latest CCENT in town :)

lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hurray after months of procrastination and many many distractions I was able to study and pass the ICND1 icon_cheers.gif. It wasn't as difficult as I expected or perhaps I was over prepared. Thanks to everyone for their support and resources now unto ICND2.

I have a shift in priority to get NP & NP Security first as opposed to jumping into my M Sc right away. Also MS or Red Hat server knowledge is also important (used as DHCP, DNS, TACACS authentication which is linked to AD and SQL etc). The network guys in my job are a wealth of knowledge and manage the routers, switches, firewalls, proxy etc. While security guys do network and host IDS/IPS/Firewall, scanning, analysis etc

CCENT Resources used:
5 Networking courses from college (I could VLSM in my head after)
Network+
Cisco Press Package ICND1/2, Boson Sim Questions (Harder) and Network Simulator
Subnet192
LabsCCENT Notes by Jacob
Google, Youtube (Christ Bryant, RouteHub etc) and about 30 links/blogs/forums
Live Lab which I am currently expanding (three 2950s, two 26xms series - plan to get 2 more 26xms, one 1841 and one asa 5505 in future)
M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,

Comments

• ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass!!! With all the CCENT passes lately, we should get all of us together in a ICND2 study group or something icon_lol.gif
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow, asa!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations and Good Luck on the ICND2!!!
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Great Job! Congrats
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!

lol much agreed on the group study! It's great when folks around you have similar interests and most of all motivated to achieve the similar results. I was literally spending 20 hours on weekdays & 12-15 on weekends and now I again feeling the rush and hunger to get knowledge to advance in the career! CCNP+=Sec is the goal for 2012 and 2013!
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The site gives motivation in abundance.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hell yeah! I am super motivated! now icon_smile.gif with CCNP and CCNP Security as a solid target over the next two years! fingers crossed icon_smile.gif
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 252 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job on pass. This is an great site for information with awesome knowledge sharing people; plus most here are very supportive too.