Options

CompTIA Certification Testing Moving to a Single Vendor

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I saw this VIA my linked in account

Taking the Test

CompTIA Certification Testing Moving to a Single Vendor:

To simplify the overall testing experience for our certification candidates, CompTIA exams will be delivered exclusively with Pearson VUE via their network of more than 5,000 testing centers in 165 countries, effective July 9, 2012. CompTIA certification exams will no longer be available at Prometric testing centers at that time. May 4, 2012, is the last day to buy a voucher from Prometric, and July 8, 2012, is the last day to test at a Prometric Test Center. Pearson VUE has been delivering CompTIA exams since 2003, and you can take all CompTIA certification exams at a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center now. For more details, visit our customer support center.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    That's because Prometric sucks. I am personally very happy to see this.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    swild wrote: »
    That's because Prometric sucks. I am personally very happy to see this.

whys this?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    whys this?

I have to agree. In my experience Prometric's service is terrible.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have to agree. In my experience Prometric's service is terrible.

Never been to a Pearson Vue to be honest. My wife took her NCLEX at a Pearsons Vue and said it was nice.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've used both and from my experience they both were professional. Luckily there's a Pearson Vue location within 5 miles (the security+ is the last Comptia exam I am taking).
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I would of prefered Prometric, but only because I am used to taking my exams in the local center. When I first read this I was annoyed, but then found out a Pearson VUE is only 15 minutes drive away :)

I assume this does not effect the certmetric infomation on my cert passes?
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used both and from my experience they both were professional. Luckily there's a Pearson Vue location within 5 miles (the security+ is the last Comptia exam I am taking).

I feel the same way too Tri-fecto was enough for me. I really like my Pearson Vue experiences over the years so; I use them for everything now.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have no plans to take another CompTIA exam, but I'm confused as to why they'd give people less choice vs more. I hate the fact that Microsoft is Prometric only, mainly for the fact that all their testing centers are 2 hours away from me. OTOH, a VUE center is only 30 mins away. Prometric's site is wretched and very difficult for scheduling exams. The "pick a state and we'll list the locations in alphabetical order without telling you which ones are close to you" design is terrible. And the site is slow. VUE is much cleaner and friendlier.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Prometric has been horrible in all of my experiences. Something always goes wrong. And it's not just one test center. I have used 2 different testing centers and they are both the same. Score reports won't print, exam freezes in the middle or at the end, scheduling doesn't get updated correctly so they get double booked, other technical issues that keep them from being able to test. I have had to reschedule 2 of my tests due to their technical errors and had to call customer service twice to get my score report mailed to me.

On the other hand, we have Vue. I have tested twice with them and both times walked away without any issues, score report in hand.

While it does limit the choices for their exam-takers, it provides for a better, more professional, experience. I will probably not be taking another CompTIA exam either, but it is nice to see a company standing up for themselves. Oh, and I also have logged complaints with CompTIA everytime I have had an issue.

The downside is that the closest Vue testing center is 45 minutes away and almost always booked a month to two months out. The next closest is 75 minutes.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have never been to a Pearson VUE testing center. Hopefully they are plentiful here in NY. Its whatever since I dont know if I will take another CompTIA exam
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I thought they were just going Prometric, and I was about to give up CompTIA. I can't stand Prometric. They have made so many mistakes, and I've lost certs because of them. They are WAY too far of a drive for me (3 hours on a work day that I have to take time off), their customer service sucks, their website sucks... I just don't care for them at all. I've put off my Microsoft testing due to problems with Prometric. I'll continue with them, but I'm not as excited as I once was about getting these certs.

I am very glad that they went Pearson Vue. Close, customer service it a lot better, site works 99% of the time, and a much better experience.