New here

Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say HI to all those here....I've been 'stalking' the fora for some time now, soaking in a myriad of info from some real smart ppl, and have officially registered here, so....howdy!

A little about me:
Im currently enrolled at a CC working towards my CCNA, just passed my skills exam this weekend and have officially been slotted into "course 2" (of 4), with a completion ETA of end-of-summer. Ive been tech-oriented for nearly 20years now with barely a cert under my belt, and all i can say is I shoulda done this a LONG time ago lol

I appreciate the openness and helpfulness here, and hope that I can help in some small part...because i most assuredly will be needing YOUR assistance down the road

C-ya round here :)

-Sy
"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Comments

• pacotacopacotaco Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome. You will find great info here.

You mentioned you have been tech oriented for the last 20 years. Just out of curiosity, what were you doing? BTW, I'm in the DFW area as well.
    Looking to transfer to WGU to begin Bachelors in IT
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I grew up with computers, dad is now-retired career IBM. Im self-taught on the PC repair side, moved to DFW before the Y2k crash and my first gig was network consultant with no ACTUAL business networking skills. Best i had was an in-home network of 5 pc's, plus the Doom LAN-parties with a *manually* config'd ipx/spx boot diskette (uphill, in the snow ;) )...Went from there to what im doing now, laptop repair, and the same DIY mentality got me that job too!

I am certified to work on a PC, but have FAR MORE dangerous knowledge at my disposal ;)
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum!