Options

Book recommendation for Net+

nda31nda31 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Book recommendation for Net+ from multiple sources? Going to start studying soon. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bertstarebertstare Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Search function is awesome.

on a side note I like Lammle's book

edit: broken link
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All in One Network+: Mike Meyers
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll check that one out.
  • Options
    All in One Network+: Mike Meyers

I'll take a look into that one. Thanks
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Network+ Certification Passport. It contained everything I needed in book form, anything else I thought it was lacking in you can find on youtube (Professor Messer videos).

It was small enough that I took it with me to work, in the car and anywhere else so I got alot of reading time on it. Because its fairly condensed, it takes maybe a week or two to read it cover to cover for about an hour or two a day.

Kai.
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    I have not started reading my Network+ material yet but I went with:

CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide: Exam N10-005 [Hardcover]
    CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Exam Cram (4th Edition) [Paperback]

Deluxe study guide comes With a simulator and extra content which sounded interesting.
    Exam cram I found to be really good during my A+ studies so I decided to purchase for my upcoming Network+ studies.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    If you can wait a little while longer, Darril Gibson is putting together Network + Practice Test Questions.

You should check out his site for more info:

Get Certified Get Ahead

Good luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    If you can wait a little while longer, Darril Gibson is putting together Network + Practice Test Questions.

You should check out his site for more info:

Get Certified Get Ahead

Good luck!

Thanks for posting this. Looks like it went live on the 9th:

Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Practice Test Questions (Get Certified Get Ahead) eBook: Darril Gibson: Kindle Store

I'm definitely going to pick this up to go along with Mike Meyer's net+ book.
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Exam Cram helped me....
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Professor Messer's free video's are pretty informative. Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

Scroll down to the exam objectives and the videos are there. Best of luck in your studies.icon_thumright.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ive been using the sybex book and the professor messer videos and its beein going very well for me thus far
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I agree with folks about Professor Messer videos they are very good. Network+ (I have Network+ for N10-004) Todd Lammle. MM book AIO is bit watery for me. Todd gets straight to the point.
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    quinnyfly wrote: »
    Exam Cram helped me....

I'm with this. I can't do books that get side tracked with author humor, it distracts me. This is why I can never do meyers or lammle books.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • Options
    ECMECM Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Mike Meyers All-In-One Network+ Exam N10-005 book. It took me 46 hours to cover the book twice and take both sample exams twice. I had about a month between each read as I was covering Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I got an 860 on the exam even after having the frustration of waiting 45 minutes for an update to the computers. It would be nice if the test center reboots the computers when they come in to check for updates instead of finding out 3-4 hours into the day. Anyways, I have 7-8 years of experience in Windows desktop and server support, 1999-2008, with little router and no fiber-optics so factor that in if using my time estimate. Note, this book actually has a table to calculate your estimated time of study. I believe mine was 37 or 38 hours.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I started out using CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition by Mike Meyers and then progressed to CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, Third Edition by Glen Clarke. I own but haven't yet started on CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 by Todd Lammie.

So far, I prefer the Glen Clarke book despite a few annoying typos that crop up.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    dajohnsodajohnso Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Meyers All-in-One Guide as my primary study source, it gives you a lot of test questions. I also went through Total Seminars to get a test voucher / practice exam combo that helped out tremendously. One last study material that I used was the Exam Cram book, was a light read and had additional questions.