Options

Knocked 685 Out

TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Pretty cool. I have my first of hopefully many MCITP's. Taking a break to get the ITIL v3 Foundation then bagging up 70-640. Shortly after, will pick up 686 as deployment isnt my strongest area.

Exam is a different from the 680. You get presented with thorough explanations of a site and get multiple questions regarding it. It's definitely tricky.

Knock this out guys!!icon_cheers.gif
Needs 100K

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pretty cool. I have my first of hopefully many MCITP's. Taking a break to get the ITIL v3 Foundation then bagging up 70-640. Shortly after, will pick up 686 as deployment isnt my strongest area.

Exam is a different from the 680. You get presented with thorough explanations of a site and get multiple questions regarding it. It's definitely tricky.

Knock this out guys!!icon_cheers.gif

Without breaking the Non disclosure agreement, do you think based on your own experience that the 70-685 is easier than the 70-680? Does the 70-685 cover deployment?

Currently, I’m studying for the 70-680 and I would like to take this test in April.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! Materials used to pass it?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!!!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

680 is harder. There's no deployment questions in 685. Read up on AppLocker, BrancCache, VPN technologies and event log command line utilities. It's all troubleshooting
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    I found the Microsoft press book to be helpful. That, along with CBT Nuggets videos and I was SET! icon_cheers.gif

686 must be a beast of an exam. Putting it off until I finish my CCNA
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    barringtonjrbarringtonjr Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm studying for my 685 now, going for it at end of month. I passed the 680 last month. I'm doing the CBT nuggets and MS press book myself. I actually liked deployment, I did it so many times while I was studying for the 680. I was going to actually take the 686 then decided against it after the 1st chapter. I actually find the studying for 685 very easy, I guess I studied alot for the 680 and it all seems familiar.