What happens when i press a button on the gamepad? (step by step)

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just another curiosity which confuses my mind. For instance, we are on the play of FIFA 12 through a gamepad on PC. The main concern of me here is the process of "relevant action referring to the key pressed". to make this clear i can give such example:
you press the "2" on the gamepad which refers to "pass" for the game.

Could anyone explain me what happens when i press a button on the gamepad step by step?
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You press the button. A small disc on the back of the button makes contact with an opposing contact inside the controller, hardwired to the circuit board. This contact closes a circuit, which generates an electrical signal. The signal is then passed by the circuit board to the interface cable, which carries the signal to your computer. The computer recognizes the signal as being input from a controller, which is then passed to the application--the game. The game then compares the data in the signal to its code and triggers the appropriate response from the game interface.

This is about as general as I can explain it without getting really specific into how electronics work, which is something I can't really do since I'm not very well versed in that area.
  • thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You press the button. A small disc on the back of the button makes contact with an opposing contact inside the controller, hardwired to the circuit board. This contact closes a circuit, which generates an electrical signal. The signal is then passed by the circuit board to the interface cable, which carries the signal to your computer. The computer recognizes the signal as being input from a controller, which is then passed to the application--the game. The game then compares the data in the signal to its code and triggers the appropriate response from the game interface.

This is about as general as I can explain it without getting really specific into how electronics work, which is something I can't really do since I'm not very well versed in that area.

Thats really good. Cos, i was suspicious about what happens from the time the computer gets the signal and then...

Thank you so much.
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)