Need to be steered in correct direction for the A+ exam

tastyriffstastyriffs Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I ask pretty frequently seen questions. I'm currently enrolled in a two year Networking Technology program at my local technology center. I took A+ last semester and have just finished Net+ this semester. I'm now Net+ certified as of Monday and realizing the importance of certifications, I'm eager to take the A+ exams as well. A+ is pretty fuzzy to me since it's been several months since I have even reviewed it, and I'm wondering what the best way is to prepare. I plan to take the hardware portion first... I understand that the A+ exam will be changing this summer? We'll be getting new books for A+ and Net+ and my instructor loaned me the books we used last semester, but I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy the new ones? And which up-to-date guide would be best? My Net+ instructor said that when he was preparing for the A+ test, he bought A+ for Dummies and studied it the weekend before. He passed both sections. It seems like Mike Myers's 5th edition of his A+ guide is pretty widely recommended here, but is that updated for the new test? Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Comments

• reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    A+ hasn't been updated since 2003, so your study materials should be ok to use just as long as they're not TOO old. If you're looking for new study materials, I'd recommend either Mike Myers' All in One or A+ Passport. Both are great sources for A+. Also, take a look at the CompTIA website and take a look at the objectives for A+. That should give you an idea of where you stand...make sure you know something about each one. Anyway, hope this helped! icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever