Options

Passed SWITCH today!

thetrillionairethetrillionaire Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed SWITCH today it was a very tricky test....I passed ROUTE less than a month ago and I plan on taking TSHOOT within the next two weeks. So that makes me a 2/3 CCNP I cant wait to become a full fledged CCNP.....I believe SWITCH was much more difficult than ROUTE.

Comments

• Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats!!!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am studying up on Tshoot myself..
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    CONGRATS!

currently working on SWITCH myself, any suggestions ;)
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Getting SWITCH done is like getting the CCNP. The other two aren't too bad.
    Good luck on TSHOOT. It should be no problem.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone.......
  • Options
    Know the various technologies really really really really well......I mean in and out........
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What made SWITCH more difficult in your opinion? Was it because the exam was worded badly? or the material itself was more challenging than ROUTE?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    416_guy wrote: »
    What made SWITCH more difficult in your opinion? Was it because the exam was worded badly? or the material itself was more challenging than ROUTE?
    I found the questions well-written and the material appropriate for an intermediate-level exam. You could certainly delve much deeper into core topics like, for example, spanning-tree stability/convergence. Then again, I only spent five days studying for the exam, since I have some real-world experience. Also, I avoided CiscoPress's Official Certification Guide after reading Amazon reviews (backed by the author of the book himself) that the text does not cover several exam topics--now that's tricky!
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question,

Does the SWITCH exam require you to know both IOS & NX-OS? Which OS does the simulation use in the SWITCH exam? I hope this does not violate the NDA thanks!
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well put it this way.. NX-OS isnt in the official study guide or the foundations guide..
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found the questions well-written and the material appropriate for an intermediate-level exam. You could certainly delve much deeper into core topics like, for example, spanning-tree stability/convergence. Then again, I only spent five days studying for the exam, since I have some real-world experience. Also, I avoided CiscoPress's Official Certification Guide after reading Amazon reviews (backed by the author of the book himself) that the text does not cover several exam topics--now that's tricky!

what materials did you use then?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! Big achievement indeed.

That is ridiculous. Then again, I've been less than happy with Cisco Press' CCNA books. I wonder if Sybex will start writing texts for the CCNP?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering I was thrown for a couple loops in my CCNA studies.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering I was thrown for a couple loops in my CCNA studies.

Yeah, the Cisco Press book originally made me despise studying for the CCNA. Sybex's book is so much more well written. Todd does a great job of helping you enjoy the journey instead of dreading it.
  • Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    what materials did you use then?
    I used "SWITCH Simplified". It's an unofficial text written by a CCIE that unquestionably covers the full breadth of exam topics better than the official certification guide, and in my estimation covers it at appropriate depth with good explanations. I also completed the included labs, although I believe them to be inferior for exam prep purposes than Cisco's separate lab guide.
    That is ridiculous. Then again, I've been less than happy with Cisco Press' CCNA books.
    It is indeed a ridiculous situation, probably caused by inadequate project planning.
    I wonder if Sybex will start writing texts for the CCNP?

If there were a recent Lammle option, I would've taken it, but I'm very happy with the series I discovered. :)
  • Options
    I used "SWITCH Simplified". It's an unofficial text written by a CCIE that unquestionably covers the full breadth of exam topics better than the official certification guide, and in my estimation covers it at appropriate depth with good explanations. I also completed the included labs, although I believe them to be inferior for exam prep purposes than Cisco's separate lab guide.

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-CCNP-SWITCH-Simplified-ebook/dp/B00528J3P8
  • Options
    That's the one!
  • Options
    lekailekai Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!
    I have passsed the ROUTE yestrerday and already planning for SWITCH, Im reading opinions of people and cannot figure out the difficulty difference between both od them hehehe, very different opinions out there :D
  • Options
    john7388john7388 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed SWITCH today it was a very tricky test....I passed ROUTE less than a month ago and I plan on taking TSHOOT within the next two weeks. So that makes me a 2/3 CCNP I cant wait to become a full fledged CCNP.....I believe SWITCH was much more difficult than ROUTE.

Nice Job!

What did you used for lab equipment and exercises?
  • Options
    Cisco_R_UsCisco_R_Us Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What type of sims are there on the switch exam? Studying now and would like to practice beforehand.
    Congrats to you for passing trillionaire.
    Could someone kindly tell me why my cert listing is bleeding over and not doing auto wordwrap? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Cisco_R_Us wrote: »
    What type of sims are there on the switch exam? Studying now and would like to practice beforehand.
    They simulate switches. They may ask you to configure any of the material coverered in the switching exam objectives! If you want specific ideas for what to practice, take a look at Cisco's SWITCH lab manual, available both online and in print.
    Could someone kindly tell me why my cert listing is bleeding over and not doing auto wordwrap? Thanks in advance.
    Perhaps because you didn't put spaces after your commas, and it expects standard grammar rules?