Options

2511 Access Server Question

TheFoX21TheFoX21 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I've got a question about my 2511 access server I can't seem to nail down. So I've been having an issue where I will boot up the 2511 and it boots up to the Router> prompt and allows me to configure it. After configuring it I'll disconnect my terminal session from the console port and go to another router to configure it. I had some connectivity issues with the 2511 and when I connected to the console port and tried to connect to it the 2511 just acted like it hung. So following that I reloaded it and it wouldn't finish the boot process. I ended up having to reboot it again and just after it showed the DRAM send a break and get it into rommon and set the config register to 0x2142 and then reload again. It then loads and I'm able to configure it again and change the register back to 0x2102. The problem is the same thing keeps happening. Anyone have any ideas what could be the cause of it? My first thoughts are that I've possibly got a corrupt IOS. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I'm not sure that I understand the question... I don't have an access server but i'm thinking of getting one and this thread interests me. Isn't the whole point of the AS so that you don't have to terminate the terminal session in order to setup the other routers? Are you saving your config after you set it up?
  • Options
    TheFoX21TheFoX21 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just wanted to follow up to this - I found what the issue was. I had the "no exec" command on console 0 which was what was causing the problem. Once it was removed they're all working properly.