Options

check out CCNP LAB pics

Hello All,

This is my rack i use for work and also for labbing. I have (2) l3 3550, (1) 3650poe,
(1) 2811, (1) 7200 series chassis, (1) 4507 chassis, (1) 6509 chassis all on the rack. In the one picture I have several 2811 that I was setting up to some routing scenarios. Using teamviewer to access my work pc from home so I can do some late night scenarios.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Slick. I'm jealous. I've yet to even buy a single switch icon_sad.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you can use gsn3 for routing labs. But all you need is 2 2950 12 port switches and one 3550l3 switch for the switch labs. Check ebay you can get them fairly cheap and buy the 3550 with smi image and find the emi image online and do the upgrade yourself. its cheaper that way. at home i bought 2 2950 12 port for $40 from ebay.
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    all you need is 2 2950 12 port switches and one 3550l3 switch for the switch labs. Check ebay you can get them fairly cheap
    Rack rentals are also a nice option. For $25-$50 you can get plenty of hands-on practice for the SWITCH exam.

I used two 3550s and two 2950s and I agree those models are adequate. Note, there are some switching topics--such as private VLANs--that you can't practice with a 2950 or 3550. You'd need a 3560 to practice everything.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was looking into doing rack rentals but I after I was hired for my current position. I figured why bother..