Options

Passed!!!

RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally! I've been waiting over a month for my testing center to get a new batch of vouchers but I was finally able to take it yesterday. Since I have been waiting as long as I have and was studying prior to that, I took the 004 instead of the 005. I got an 860 which is good enough. I'm a perfectionist so I always want to do better but I'm happy with the results. Now, on to the Security+!

Comments

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    GeronimoGeronimo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
  • Options
    RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! Just for the hell of it, what do people think is the next logical step in the cert path? Based on what I have heard, Security+ is a good one of many choices. Based on experience, does anyone find another cert to be more important or influential in the job market? For instance a Microsoft one?
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats man! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    RoyalTech wrote: »
    what do people think is the next logical step in the cert path? Based on what I have heard, Security+ is a good one of many choices. Based on experience, does anyone find another cert to be more important or influential in the job market? For instance a Microsoft one?

Congratulations on the pass.

The A+, Network+, Security+ trio provides a solid foundation that you can build on in multiple paths. Also, many companies recognize the growing IT security risks and value employees with IT security knowledge and awareness, and DoD jobs require the Security+ for many positions. Last, with the Network+ knowledge you have, you are very close to taking and passing the Security+ exam now.

Are there certs that are more important or influential in the job market? Absolutely. CISSP, Microsoft Certified Master (any speciality), and CCIE come to mind. Still, Security+ is a logical next step.

Good luck.