Options

70-680 did terrible!

BONE21BONE21 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the 70-680 yesterday and did NOT do well at all, not even a little! Score of 420! I took the an MS course on 7 online that was about 10 hours and read Pearsons book, I can answer all the practice questions in that book no problem. The thing is I got maybe 5 questions that where in the book on the 80 question test I took! What are some other good resources I can use to try and pass this bad boy then next time? I’ve put too much time in already to quit!

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    BONE21 wrote: »
    Took the 70-680 yesterday and did NOT do well at all, not even a little! Score of 420! I took the an MS course on 7 online that was about 10 hours and read Pearsons book, I can answer all the practice questions in that book no problem. The thing is I got maybe 5 questions that where in the book on the 80 question test I took! What are some other good resources I can use to try and pass this bad boy then next time? I’ve put too much time in already to quit!

Have you tried here: Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

and here: Windows 7 Free Training

If not then watch all of those over and over from both sites till you hate hearing their voices. Practice the cmd lines for dism, imagex, netsh. When you have those down you will probably do fine.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Sorry to hear that! Don't give up. I hear if you prep for the 685, it covers the topics for the 680.

Here's a thread on 680 prep:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/74413-70-680-morning.html

Here's a thread on the 685:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/75115-knocked-685-out.html

Here's the 685 Study Notes:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/56931-685-notes.html

Good luck man!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Wow the 680 has 80 questions now? It was 50/55 when I sat the exam. Keep plugging away and make sure you lab, lab, lab the material.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    barringtonjrbarringtonjr Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont give up, the 680 is a very tough test, I barely passed, and I been building computers and trouble shooting since 1998. I studied for about 2 months. Even at the test it seemed I didnt know anything. I read the mspress book, watched train signal video, read 680 exam cram. Alot of people suggest the professor messor videos which would be good too. also something im doing now for my next test that seems to be helping me is watch a video lesson first then read the chapter/ lesson in book that went over the video lesson you just watched, even if you have to bounce around chapters. It drills the stuff in you.
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    Hardest part of the exam is the drag-n-drops questions. Also, the multiple choice questions with 10 answer choices. This forces the test taker to know the material. Some of those questions were experimental and do not count toward your score, but you do not know which ones count and which ones do not.
  • Options
    AdRockAdRock Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope I'll be OK for my exam.

I've completed 3 mock exams today and i got 90% on 2 of them and 98% on the other. I don't know what the score was but I know there were 60 questions in each exam.

I think i'll be doing it in the next couple weeks.
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. I failed my last exam, 70-298, twice before passing, so I know how you must feel. If you haven't already, try Transcender practice exams and also CBT Nuggets. I've found Transcender to be very helpful, and CBT Nuggets videos are informative as well. Best of luck to you! I'm sure you will knock it out of the ballpark next time around! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    AdRock wrote: »
    I hope I'll be OK for my exam.

I've completed 3 mock exams today and i got 90% on 2 of them and 98% on the other. I don't know what the score was but I know there were 60 questions in each exam.

I think i'll be doing it in the next couple weeks.

Have you studied and practiced the commands? If you don't you will fail. The 70-680 is all about practicing as well as studying the material.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    all the practice tests in the world wont prep you for this exam

i couldnt find one that was even close to this exam

not to scare you but i had questions that weren't even in any of the books/videos/labsims/labs
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    I am studying for the MCITP 70-680...

The above statement worries me lol.
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    Microsoft has included experimental questions that do not count toward your score. This would explain his statement. The only problem is the word Windows 7 in included in the question. So, you are inclined to stress and attempt to answer them anyway. These are mainly drag-n-drops.
  • Options
    GRODTGRODT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    all the practice tests in the world wont prep you for this exam

i couldnt find one that was even close to this exam

not to scare you but i had questions that weren't even in any of the books/videos/labsims/labs

This worries me too but I have to go with my coworkers and hope I can repeat their success of cramming for 1 - 2 weeks and passing. We only have one guy that builds our images so no one has had to use almost any of the commands the exam tests on.
  • Options
    duttyfootduttyfoot Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hardest part of the exam is the drag-n-drops questions. Also, the multiple choice questions with 10 answer choices. This forces the test taker to know the material. Some of those questions were experimental and do not count toward your score, but you do not know which ones count and which ones do not.

i hate some of those, especially the ones with questions that were not covered in the books or videos i studied from.