Options

NEED HELP WITH DMA's...i have test tomarow on a + CORE

drRAVALOTdrRAVALOT Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have to take the test tomarow at 11.. i seem to remember all the com ports and lpt ports io's and irq,s but the dma's suck...i dont get it ..i cant figure out what i need 2 remember on that............can any one help me by telling me what dma's i need 2 remember if any? ..... this is my first try at taking the a + core ..or any exam like this actually..im only a junior in high school...but i figure if i want to become a computer tech. then i should start soon on certifications....anyway thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    GR8BA55GR8BA55 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I GOT REALLY WORKED UP REMEMBERING DMA I/O'S AND IRQ BUT IN THE EXAM I HAD 1 QUESTION ON IRQ AND THE REST WERE TROUBLESHOOTING, MAINTANENCE, UPGRADING AND PRINTERS!!! FF YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THEM HERES THE ONES I SEE MOST OFTEN! BUT THE STRANGE THING IS THAT THEY CHANGE FOM SITE TO SITE OR BOOK FROM BOOK! TRY LOOKING AT THE DMA CHANNELS ON YOUR MACHINE!

0 DRAM REFRESH
    1 SOUND CARD
    2 ECP/EPP
    3 FLOPPY DISK
    4 DMA CONTROLLER
    5 SOUND CARD
    6 AVAILABLE
    7 ISA HD CONTROLLER

HOPE THIS HELPS
  • Options
    OOPS 2 AND 3 ARE THE WRONG WAY ROUND!!!
  • Options
    im getting kinda scared because im getting 82 85's on practice tests on this site ...so is that a good indicator that i have achange or what?
  • Options
    o by the way ...nice job on ur passing for ur a + that u took today..i read post : P
  • Options
    THANX, I SAY IF YOURE GETTING BETWEEN 80 AND 90% YOU WILL DO JUST FINE!!