Options

Latest Adobe X patch

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
I would say almost every customer we have that has Adobe X installed call in with "My PDF printing is all messed up". Or "I'm getting this weird page with a giant arrow on it". Seems the last patch from Adobe has turned on duplex printing by default. No warning, no asking if you would like to turn it on, just turns it on. Also, I've had some recent issues with Adobe X blocking Outlook from downloading pictures in Emails. Weird I know but as soon as I uninstall it Outlook works just fine. Any one else getting calls about this?
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Acrobat X or Reader X? Our users use Acrobat Reader X to fill out real estate forms so we see a lot of use daily and I haven't been getting any calls. Few of our users run Outlook, many use web-based email but I haven't heard any issues from those who do use Outlook. I have Acrobat X fully patched at home and don't have the duplex printing issue or issues with Outloook.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Seems you're correct assuming you mean Acrobat Reader at least with the duplex printing issue. Installed it on a VM and duplex printing was default, I'm amazed I haven't had a call regarding it since it's used to heavily in my company. Can't speak about Outlook issues since I run the full blown Acrobat on my own workstations but I'll try to test it out in a VM if I get time later since I'm a bit curious to know in case I start getting call regarding that.
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Yep adobe reader X, sorry for not being clearer. I can understand the savings with duplex but give warning before turning it on. It's a simple fix but not sure if it's fixable via GPO or script. I imagine the horror if you had 100+ desktops with reader and they all updated. Every single one will need to be manually changed.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I am deploying Acrobat X last/this/next week......and I too noticed that on mine. Wondered wtf did I enable duplex? That explains it.

So far, the crowd isn't too impressed with it.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???