Options

Passed the CCNA

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wat up fellas. I passed the CCNA composite test this morning with no networking experience and with 3 months of studying using Testout CCNA. I lol at you guys spending all this time and thinking this exam is hard.

EDIT: ask me any questions if you need help.

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

I had never heard of Testout CCNA. It's not a brain ****, is it?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The CCNA is a difficult exam. Not for you but for someone else. There are people who have trouble learning things.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

No, it is a CBT video course. Its more expensive than train signal or cbt nuggets but they give you a nice discount if you are a student and if you fail the exam they will refund you the money. The CCNA is harder than the A+ but it is definitely not as hard as people here make it out to be.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

I've seen it before, Online IT Certification and Certification Training | TestOut | LabSim though it's expensive as sheet.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    Yea it is expensive and if you are not a student i wouldn't recommend you getting it. BUT if you are a student you get it for $90 + shipping and handling which makes it cheaper than other CBT.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I lol at you guys spending all this time and thinking this exam is hard.
    Congrats on passing CCNA! There aren't too many middle-school aged people that can do it!
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    Congrats on passing CCNA! There aren't too many middle-school aged people that can do it!

The test is pretty straight forward. If you can config a router and switch by implementing EIGRP, OSPF, ACL, VLAN then you should ACE the lab part and drag and drop. Memorize the theory and subnetting chart and you should do fine.
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307

icon_thumright.gif
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    maggsgsr1maggsgsr1 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! I only have limited experience with VPN routers and Cisco switches. Hands on class labs with Cisco equipment. I just passed ICND1 and plan on taking the CCNA very soon. I do know a few " Network Administrators " who couldn't config a switch wout a consultant tho lol I doubt they could pass the CCNA either.
    The A+ was easy as cake. ICND1 was much hard IMHO tho.
  • Options
    maggsgsr1 wrote: »
    Congrats bro! I only have limited experience with VPN routers and Cisco switches. Hands on class labs with Cisco equipment. I just passed ICND1 and plan on taking the CCNA very soon. I do know a few " Network Administrators " who couldn't config a switch wout a consultant tho lol I doubt they could pass the CCNA either.
    The A+ was easy as cake. ICND1 was much hard IMHO tho.
    I'm glad I'm not working for any companies that they work for. Because IF my network admin didn't know how to configure a switch he'd be out the door immediately.

Also, please do not use the word 'bro' on here. It's very annoying.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Testout when I was in school to study for the Network+. It really is one of the most comprehensive and best developed studying solutions I've come across thus far. Each course is a combination of videos, text, simulations, quizzes, and examples that is structured a lot like a classroom (learn a bit, see some examples, do a lab, take a quiz on what you've just learned; rinse and repeat). It's a shame that it's so expensive (actually, it's a shame that I'm no longer a student and can get courses for $80 each).

That being said, to address the OP: your attitude is very insulting (which is not surprising with a name like ClapDemCheeks, I suppose). Try showing a little humility.
  • Options
    maggsgsr1maggsgsr1 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bro.. I worked w 2 admins that couldn't configure switches or routing. Nothing beyond the no shut commands.. They both make around 6 figures and call in a consultant for everything. Afterwords management gives them a pat on the back for a job well done. There out there.. Trust me.
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703

icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Yea it is expensive and if you are not a student i wouldn't recommend you getting it. BUT if you are a student you get it for $90 + shipping and handling which makes it cheaper than other CBT.

What specific hoops did they make you jump through to prove you're a student? Current schedule, transcript? .edu email address?
  • Options
    xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    Wat up fellas. I passed the CCNA composite test this morning with no networking experience and with 3 months of studying using Testout CCNA. I lol at you guys spending all this time and thinking this exam is hard.

EDIT: ask me any questions if you need help.

CCNA in 3 months is hardly lightning either. You don't seem too bright if you don't realise that while you may have found the exam easy, others may have difficulty. Also you had net+ done, which helps.

I completed icnd1 after 2 weeks self study, no other certs, no networking experience. Forgive me if I PM you in a few weeks when I get my CCNA, laughing at how long it took you to get yours! ;)
  • Options
    Mrkali wrote: »
    What specific hoops did they make you jump through to prove you're a student? Current schedule, transcript? .edu email address?

I had to fax my transcript and schedule. Thats all.

@xbuzz. I do not have the Network + so i dont know what you are talking about. Also, i will be glad if you pass with only 2 weeks of study. I am not trying to insult the people here, i am only shedding some light on the fact that people make the test harder than it is.
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrkali wrote: »

I know this was directed at the OP but I've also used their products. When I was a student, our Intro to Networking instructor gave us a promo code that we could use on the Testout website to purchase their products at a reduced price. We could use any e-mail we wanted to sign up as long as we submitted the right school and teacher name when we purchased.

Since graduating I've dealt with their customer service department, after reading elsewhere that they'll give you a discount if you have a .edu address. Not entirely true. If you call they will give you the name of the rep for your school/district/area. I spoke with my rep and he said that if I was enrolled in any computer courses he could get me the discount. I told him I wasn't, and he said that wasn't a deal breaker--if I was enrolled in any classes all he needed was a copy of my class schedule to qualify me for the discounted price.

So they won't give you a discount just for having a .edu address but if you can prove you're actually in school, even if not enrolled in any computer courses, they'll accommodate you.
  • Options
    I lol at you guys spending all this time
    Not trying to insult anyone? Hmm. Doesn't seem that way at all! FYI, it doesn't insult me. But it appears you're trying to be insulting.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    I lol at you guys spending all this time and thinking this exam is hard.

Some people want to simply gain certs, some people want to develop solid skills. Not saying that you are either one, but there is nothing wrong with taking your time with such a comprehensive subject. Anyways, do you know what instructors are on the CCNA Testout? I have the N+ and A+ ones, and there are a couple guys in the videos that I cannot stand. Mostly the bigger half bald guy that doesn't know the TCP three way handshake. If the instructors on the CCNA series are any good, I will get it for sure through my school's agent.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A little humility goes a long way especially in IT
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    zrockstar wrote: »
    Some people want to simply gain certs, some people want to develop solid skills. Not saying that you are either one, but there is nothing wrong with taking your time with such a comprehensive subject. Anyways, do you know what instructors are on the CCNA Testout? I have the N+ and A+ ones, and there are a couple guys in the videos that I cannot stand. Mostly the bigger half bald guy that doesn't know the TCP three way handshake. If the instructors on the CCNA series are any good, I will get it for sure through my school's agent.

Theres three instructor. The main one is a black guy, then theres is a woman and the bold guy.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Theres three instructor. The main one is a black guy, then theres is a woman and the bold guy.

Cool, thanks man. Hopefully the bald guy isn't the same one I a talking about. I think I'm going to go ahead and get it.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    congrats! well done!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, it is a CBT video course. Its more expensive than train signal or cbt nuggets but they give you a nice discount if you are a student and if you fail the exam they will refund you the money. The CCNA is harder than the A+ but it is definitely not as hard as people here make it out to be.

Congrats!
    I would agree with you, the CCNA is harder than the A+ and in fact any of the other ones like Net+. If you did the 2 exam ICND1+2 path then it is significantly harder than the easier one exam path. I took the 2 exam path and I passed them without being a student and simply being an old git (compared to most on here) with no experience who isn't a student so has to pave his own way with no hand outs apart from the great help i received on here. So just goes to show as the man said "If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything". That's from Back To The Future.

What next for you now? CCNP or something different?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    MrXpert wrote: »
    Congrats!
    I would agree with you, the CCNA is harder than the A+ and in fact any of the other ones like Net+. If you did the 2 exam ICND1+2 path then it is significantly harder than the easier one exam path. I took the 2 exam path and I passed them without being a student and simply being an old git (compared to most on here) with no experience who isn't a student so has to pave his own way with no hand outs apart from the great help i received on here. So just goes to show as the man said "If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything". That's from Back To The Future.

What next for you now? CCNP or something different?

I am applying for some networkign jobs at the moment. I want to take the np after i have like 4 years of experience in the field. I will just take one of the CCNP exam after my ccna expires and take the rest when i have some experience.
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    I will just take one of the CCNP exam after my ccna expires

good luck with that ... after your ccna is expired they will "lol" at you if you try to register for a ccnp exam ;)
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    good luck with that ... after your ccna is expired they will "lol" at you if you try to register for a ccnp exam ;)

Why would they lol?
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    Why would they lol?

You cant get CCNP cerification if you dont have valid CCNA.