Options

Critique my resume...

...just try not to hurt my feelings too bad icon_lol.gif. I'm honestly open to all feedback and don't mind any harshness at all, it's all for the greater good.

I'm trying to keep it short and easy to read through, but feel like I might not be getting enough information in there.
Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
Required:
Finished! I'm a graduate now!
Classes Transferred:
AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Biggest problem I see here is that you are not being specific enough. Your resume reads like any other tech out there. Examples:

- "LAN/WAN knowledge and troubleshooting ability" - To what extent? Do you mean Linksys and Netgear stuff or enterprise class such as Cisco or Juniper?
    - "Assisted in projects to ensure regional office users and home users were up-to-date on hardware and software to maintain high levels of productivity" - Care to name a particular one with detail?
    - "Resolved technical and operational problems on client and non-client side issues" - Again, too generic

You need to show how your previous experience will bring value to your new employer. Distinguish yourself from the hundreds or thousands of techs out there. Present specific examples of projects, tasks, etc. that resulted in added value in the form of monetary or time savings. If you developed or improved processes present those in a tangible manner.

I am not a fan of the way you listed the employment history. I would do a short paragraph listing responsibilities and then use a few bullets to present those specific key accomplishments I mentioned above.
  • Options
    Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
    I appreciate the input. Is this more of what you were referencing? (Not finished product, just want to make sure I understand more of what you were referring to). Also for the LAN/WAN section under Qualifications, I'm still working on how I want to word it so disregard what's in there now, but should I list all of the specific model numbers for equipment we work with in there or is labeling it as Cisco enterprise equipment the better route?
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Finished! I'm a graduate now!
    Classes Transferred:
    AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1