Options

Need some advice

JBrainardJBrainard Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I have been browsing these forum for awhile but have never posted before. I started in IT about 9 months ago and I am working in help desk right now and is a good start after graduated and recieving an AS in IT. Right now I am studying for the Net+ and I am using the network+ cbt nuggets videos and some practice test N10-004 I was given. To fully prepare myself, is there any other tips you could share with me to help me become 100% prepared. This will be my first cert to ever take and is a requirement from my employer, but I have been wanting to get certified in the networking areas for awhile now.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    jbimlerjbimler Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm new to this as well, but I would suggest reading a book as your main source. I'm reading Mike Meyers Net+ book and I find it more helpful than CBT nuggets.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Great first post.

I'd agree with jbimler that it would be a good idea to get a book as a study source. Also, when using practice test questions, make sure they have explanations. If not, you may end up memorizing incorrect information without knowing it.

When do you plan on taking the exam? There is certainly time to take it before Aug 31, but you it's important to realize that the N10-004 exam will be retired on Aug 31, 2012. After that date, you can only take the N10-005 exam.

Good luck.
  • Options
    JBrainardJBrainard Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on taking it within the next month hopefully. I will get that Mike Meyers book for the net+, I have his A+ book and it is very helpful. Is there any practice exams you can recommend for me with explanations? The CBT nuggets is good for me as I am a visual learner and I can't read material and understand it fully.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I used CertBlaster for my Net+. I don't know if they are still around. If they are, their practice exams were really good.

I also read the Exam Cram book and the Mike Meyers books.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    JBrainard wrote: »
    Is there any practice exams you can recommend for me with explanations?

I am biased, but this Kindle eBook includes 275 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations for only $9.99: CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Practice Test Questions (Get Certified Get Ahead).
  • Options
    andremcullinsandremcullins Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you want I have the questions and answers to N10-005 network +. I could email it to you.