Options

ERP Systems

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
Hi,

I am going through the process of a career change into IT.

I am about to accept a role that would see me offering level 1 support to the users of the company's ERP system. I would also provide the training for the ERP system.

Is there any good books that anyone would recomend that could potentially be useful in my upcomming role?

I am not sure if there are any certificates that would be useful but that is not really as important to me as knowing my stuff inside out. If there are any good ones though I am open to suggestions.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You might want to look at ittoolbox.com. Whatever ERP your company is using, that place will give you a solid foundation.

This book is what helped me get started as well: Anderson and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young U.S., L. (2001). Understanding PeopleSoft 8

(It talks about how ERPs, in general, got developed but then gets more specific about the PeopleSoft ERP.)
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah really depends on what ERP system you are using. Getting an ERP background is great because it ends up being an awesome way to learn the business side of things (such as processes and products). My old boss was a Computer Science major and had worked with ERP systems for 20 years. He was flying through his MBA with the knowledge he learned from working within ERPs. Good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff