Options

Online Training Videos

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I just wanted to pass on some video resources I have come to love. The first is VTC.com which has some decent material you can use for supplemental study. There are topics from MS and other infrastructure certifications (Linux,CCNA - though I cannot vouch for the quality) to developer topics. I did use them back in the day of studying for my MCSE and SQL Server 2005 certs and thought they were pretty good for the $30 price.

The next is PluralSight. As far as development (even if you just want to learn SQL or PowerShell) this resource is the best I have ever used. The price for their basic plan is $30/month and they have Android and iOS apps. The free trial is certainly worth your time if you just want to brush up on PoSh.

Are there any other good, inexpensive training sources you guys have come across?

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'll give it a try. I want to learn powershell before getting into power vcli.

cbts nuggets 24 hour pricing is good if you have a saturday to kill.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just signed up for the free trial. I saw they had C++ courses, so I'll definitely take a look at them. VTC.com has C++ videos, but I really dislike their VTC player..too many bugs.
  • Options
    I just signed up for the free trial. I saw they had C++ courses, so I'll definitely take a look at them. VTC.com has C++ videos, but I really dislike their VTC player..too many bugs.

In general, I really don't think that the quality of VTC matches that of PluralSight. I think VTC is worth the $30, but I think PluralSight is worth more (don't tell them I said that). icon_wink.gif

I think their training has had a greater impact on my career than any other I used. Mostly because of their software practices videos.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pretty sweet. Half of every VTC course is free to view.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    VTC.com is nice because it has courses that a lot of companies do not have..Linux/Unix scripting and Assembly (I'm watching now as well).
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For some MS certs, there is ITFreeTraining.com, yup, free MS cert training. It's a pretty good. They are also available at youtube.
  • Options
    jdancer wrote: »
    For some MS certs, there is ITFreeTraining.com, yup, free MS cert training. It's a pretty good. They are also available at youtube.

Sadly, I have every cert they have training for...