Options

ASA VPN Issues (5510)

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hello all,

So the past two days something odd is very happening with our VPN. To get out of our site and into our site we use another networks Prim Router to get out (its a direct connection to the router). One day, the individuals on that network (and us) could not get to any external sites. The router was rebooted and the issue was resolved (that and a ip route was missing so they added it back).

However, on our network people tend to get intermittent issues were they cannot connect to the VPN or they connect but sometimes it drops and re connects or they get a timeout issue. On my firewall I see the TCP handshake processes starting but after 30 seconds I get a SYN Timeout error (basically every 30 seconds it force terminates the user because its awaiting a three way handshake).

Others are connected just fine. I've rebooted the firewall and I thought it was a NAT issue but once it was rebooted everything worked for a little while. At this moment I do not get any time outs but I do get intermittent issues.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was going to post this on the Cisco board but not sure were I would get the most views at.

EDIT

one thing I will verify is the duplex settings on our external interface and the router we are connecting too. Right now our interface is set to FULL (cannot check the router since I do not own it :0).

Comments

• Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Wow no responses icon_sad.gif Well I think I solved the issue. ON the router it was hard coded for auto / speed 100. This changed and "Flapping" stopped. Of course I'm going to knock on wood after I post this lol.