Options

What is 11.8 inches

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
I came across this...

Visualizing a nanosecond - Hack a Day

which then lead me to this

Grace Hopper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd forgotten how much she did for the computer revolution, truly one of the Giants of IT. Many of the fundamentals computers are based on come from her work!
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had to resist my inner 14 year old when i saw the subject title.
  • Options
    Why does it not surprise me ;) what a bunch of computer geeks/nerds we are never leaving the teenage years behind ;)

So now then what's about 0.3 of an inch ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Grace Hopper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd forgotten how much she did for the computer revolution, truly one of the Giants of IT. Many of the fundamentals computers are based on come from her work!

I was like 10 when I first read about her. All I remembered was that she invented COBOL.

Who knew that decades later, COBOL would still be around...I don't develop in COBOL, but I have to compile them whenever Oracle sends out a PeopleSoft bundle update.

BTW, there's an answer to the very last question that you asked....your first question's answer would start with "My..." and the last question would start with "Your..."

[Ahhh...my inner 10 year old....lmao.....]
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So now then what's about 0.3 of an inch ;)

How did we go from 11.8 to 0.3 inches. Kind of like comparing Andre the Giant to WeeMan. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    cknapp78 wrote: »
    How did we go from 11.8 to 0.3 inches. Kind of like comparing Andre the Giant to WeeMan. icon_lol.gif

I had the op... ;)

so why not go further and what's 00000000.417322835inches (ish)?
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had the op... ;)

so why not go further and what's 00000000.417322835inches?

The size of the junk on a fruitfly maybe? Who wants to measure? Holy off-topic batman.
  • Options
    The size of the junk on a fruitfly maybe? Who wants to measure? Holy off-topic batman.

er actuly no its on topic for this thread. if you knew what this thread was about.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Holy I didn't realize the topic was the distance covered by energy at the speed of light through a vacuum and not someone's junk, Batman!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A bottle of Blue BAWLS?

2818_case_o_bawls.jpg
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I had the op... ;)

so why not go further and what's 00000000.417322835inches (ish)?

Well, it's not a picosecond. That's roughly 0.0453 inches
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's what she said
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...