Options

Tom's IT Pro Blogs

SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
Tom's IT Pro : Real world business computing

Good site for regular blogs/articles on IT careers, certifications and stuff. There's some basic advice for advancing one's career within them. On top of other tips and reviews for IT professionals. I think they are good reads. I use Tomshardware.com daily for my tech news and now they are putting these on that page as well.

Anyone else regularly visit Toms?
WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I read Tom's Hardware for like a decade, up until they changed the format and split until a half dozen different sites. I tried for a little while after the change, which has been a few years ago now, but still don't like it so much anymore. I only read it every once in a long while now.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like "Everyone" been on tom's site since.. man since I was in high school. over 9 years.

I don't goto the IT pro section, mostly because it's blocked by barracuda (out of my hands). I like their hardware/case reviews. When I did, it was mostly nothing that was something that was not obivious if you were going for certifications - if you were interested in a certain field, you'd do some research yourself to know "Hey, these are what I need to learn". Compared Apples to Oranges it felt like at times.

I question some of the "News" they post. But I guess it's like normal [Fox, CNN,...]- post whatever kinda of fits the bill.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Everyone wrote: »
    I read Tom's Hardware for like a decade, up until they changed the format and split until a half dozen different sites. I tried for a little while after the change, which has been a few years ago now, but still don't like it so much anymore. I only read it every once in a long while now.

This exactly. The IT Pro side is interesting though.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness