Options

frst post! - 70-685 progress

smith1789smith1789 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I've been sitting in the background reading these threads, for, oh at least 3-4months now. I have recently started out in the IT world and looking at taking the 70-685 exam early in April. - I have been reading the MS press book and CBT nuggets and technet articles. I am currently working as desktop support technician supporting Home users. - I am looking to advance soon into the enterprise environment.

Just thought I'd say a big "hello" and a "thank you all" for your tips/tricks and threads!

Any ideas or guides that helped you pass the exam would be muchly appreciated!

Take care.

Comments

• Options
    barringtonjrbarringtonjr Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just recently passed my 1st exam the 680, which I thought was tough. Im studying for the 685 now. One thing that I think will be on the 685, that caught me off guard in the 680 was that they wanted the answer in cmd. But i hear the 685 is different from the 680, but I recommend really knowing the cmd commands. For example the firewall one with VPN, I knew they have to open the specific port number, but it wanted the answers were in cmd. I am reading the Microsoft 685 book and doing CBT nuggets, i also am going to read the Darrell Gibson, Desktop Support and Administration book after, I seen got good reviews, I browsed through it and I really liked it. It covers both the 685 and 680.