Options

WGU - MBA IT Managmenet

MBAWGUMBAWGU Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

is anyone here doing WGU MBA - IT Management? I wanted to know about their Performance Assesements for JDT2,QRT2,MGT2..etc.

I am starting my WGU MBA-ITM journey next month April 1st :)

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I'm considering it, more for expediency and low cost than for anything else though.

Most feedback I've read on the program has been positive. PM me when you get set up for PMs and I may have a few links to pass along.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ive been considering it for some time now but I havent found anyone already in it who could give me information and insight into what the courses look like and what the performance assessments are.

When you get all setup and are granted access to the Course of Study information send me a PM as Id like to pick your brain (or access to the COS as the case may be) to get an idea of just what I'd be getting myself into.

Im trying to make the decision in the next week or 2 as if I decide to do it, Id like to start May 1.
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The best place to get information from current students in the Master's program is on LinkedIn's WGU Alumni and Students groups (the ones run managed by WGU.) One guy in particular is very knowledgable about how well the MBA program has helped him in his career. I don't think he's MBA-IT management (just straight up MBA) but there may be others with the ITM. I would start your inquiries there.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MBAWGU wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

is anyone here doing WGU MBA - IT Management? I wanted to know about their Performance Assesements for JDT2,QRT2,MGT2..etc.

I am starting my WGU MBA-ITM journey next month April 1st :)

Me too! I have no idea what's in store. I have gone through half of the entrance video training. I have been so focused on my PMI/PMBOK training and haven't had a chance to complete the training. I am excited though that's for sure. The classes synch right into what I want to do!
  • Options
    techdudeheretechdudehere Member Posts: 164
    Low cost? What is the cost of an MBA through WGU? I'm trying to find something I can convince my employer to pay for :)?
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Low cost? What is the cost of an MBA through WGU? I'm trying to find something I can convince my employer to pay for :)?

Cost of an MBA through WGU is $12000 or less, IIRC. Much depends on how quickly you can wrap the program. WGU puts a typical study schedule of four six-month terms in their program guidebook. If you spend that much time on it, you will spend $12K. What I have heard is most students can finish in a year, which would be $6K.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers