Options

Good Study Material for JNCIA?

MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
so where can I find some good study material for JNCIA? I've been studying the free stuff and have a three router lab. But the material I am studying is dated can anyone help? Websites, books, blogs?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    All the material you need is free on the Juniper Fast Track Portal. You can even get you a 50% off voucher when you pass the assessment exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    Also is the test similar setup to CCNA? Does it have simulations/applets and what not?
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Juniper Networks Certified Associate

65 multiple choice questions - no simulations as of right now
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This seems like it would be fun to go for after the CCNA.
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    This seems like it would be fun to go for after the CCNA.

I am thinking the same thing :D would look great on a CV too to have them, skill sets in my opinion
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Anybody have JunOS images running in the latest release of GNS3? I'd like to practice for the JNCIA using an SRX5000 image in GNS3, but it's not very straight-forward to figure out how to load it.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Anybody have JunOS images running in the latest release of GNS3? I'd like to practice for the JNCIA using an SRX5000 image in GNS3, but it's not very straight-forward to figure out how to load it.

I haven't tried this, but I would recommend using the SRX branch image over a SRX high end image. The high end image relies a lot of the hardware that would be specific in a SRX3k or SRX5k. The SRX branch image does most everything in software, which should translate into less headache when attempting to emulate virtually.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Yeah, I was thinking that images from the bigger SRX boxes would be more challenging to support in an emulator. Actually, an SRX100 emulation should do nicely for studying for the JNCIA.