Options

Passed ICND1!

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just got home from the testing center.

Went and took the test, passed with 874. I thought I had answered all the questions on subnetting, but apparently I got 70%. Oh well. I passed! Woohoo!

Afterwards the fiancee and I went to downtown Tulsa, ate at an Irish pub, had a Guinness.

Now onto ICND2.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    OsiapstndpOsiapstndp Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Great score!
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Just got home from the testing center.

Went and took the test, passed with 874. I thought I had answered all the questions on subnetting, but apparently I got 70%. Oh well. I passed! Woohoo!

Afterwards the fiancee and I went to downtown Tulsa, ate at an Irish pub, had a Guinness.

Now onto ICND2.
    Cograts, what material did you use for ICND 1. Are you going for CCNP too down the line?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He's going to CCIE. If he says elsewise, don't believe him.

Congratulations! Damn good beer too, better than Bud Light my friend drinks. Cold p*** water :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »

Congratulations! Damn good beer too, better than Bud Light my friend drinks. Cold p*** water :P

LOL, cool man. Makes me get my butt in gear for ICND1. Love to hear good news. Peace!!!
  • Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »

Indeed, took the first stepping stone on my way to CCIE. I'm definitely going to take it, just don't know when.

Going to take ICND2 in a month or so. So set date on when I'll be taking that, either. But hitting the books again on Monday.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Cograts, what material did you use for ICND 1.
    Thanks!

I just Todd Lammle's books, I bought the CCENT book and got the CCNA book for 75% off from amazon. Read it twice, labbed with my equipment and read through this website. The best method for learning subnetting has to be the http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html thread.

I also got the CBT Nuggets 24 hour access. It helped quite a bit on some of the areas.

Mainly, the CCENT book by Todd Lammle helped me pass the exam. There's a practice test CD included with the book, that helped identify my weak areas.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Thanks!

I just Todd Lammle's books, I bought the CCENT book and got the CCNA book for 75% off from amazon. Read it twice, labbed with my equipment and read through this website. The best method for learning subnetting has to be the http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html thread.

I also got the CBT Nuggets 24 hour access. It helped quite a bit on some of the areas.

Mainly, the CCENT book by Todd Lammle helped me pass the exam. There's a practice test CD included with the book, that helped identify my weak areas.

Thats awesome man. I love Lammles style too. A lot of my friends used him for CCNA. I dont have real equipment so I will be using Packet Tracer. Lammle has labs for those. I have his 7th edition book.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats dude,job well done,go get icnd2 too-best of luck.Guiness is my choice too.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations and keep up the momentum.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Sweet! Congrats. Good Luck on ICND2
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    I appreciate all the replies! Starting on the ICND2 tomorrow. How long does it usually take for the certificate to come through the mail?
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    I appreciate all the replies! Starting on the ICND2 tomorrow. How long does it usually take for the certificate to come through the mail?

I would say 10-15 business days after you've passed the exam. That's how it was for me at-least.
  • Options
    KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I just passed mine the beginning of Feb. it took about 15 business days or so, to receive the stuff in the mail from Cisco. Best of luck on the ICND2. I hope to take it middle of next week.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats man!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
    I have Todd Lammle's 6th edition CCNA book did you use that or the 7th edition, I plan on getting his CCENT book as well. Nice work!
    Thanks!

1's and 0's
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats MAC_Addy! Keep it going!!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • Options
    novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Congrats, I'm looking to work towards my ICND2/CCNA sometime before summer as well.
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!

I was going through STP last night and I have found something out about myself... I'm addicted to studying! Anyone else having this problem? Guess I have the network fever. I found that ICND2 topics are extremely interesting. I'm about 50% through Todd Lammle's book. I'm going to read it again, along with Wendell Odom's book that's arriving either tomorrow or Saturday. Going to do some labbing tonight to test my STP knowledge :)
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Yeah. This does become addicting. Just nVidia's 680 Release got me all fudged up with studying at the moment - between work and stuff. Not so much time to fit in some good ol' OSPF. I can't believe i'm still on OSPF... ><
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies!

I was going through STP last night and I have found something out about myself... I'm addicted to studying! Anyone else having this problem? Guess I have the network fev-eI found that ICND2 topics are extremely interesting. I'm about 50% through Todd Lammle's book. I'm going to read it again, along with Wendell Odom's book that's arriving either tomorrow or Saturday. Going to do some labbing tonight to test my STP knowledge :)

MAC_Addy.... I wish I had the studying fever down too but; it's cool I'm getting more motivated everyday after reading and labbing. I'll be back there soon and this forum is really an help too.
  • Options
    Breaking the book apart makes it more fun. My eyes don't get the chance to stare at black/white colors all day. It's probably why im enjoying it now. I visually chopped paragraphs apart into "Examples", "Example's Reason (Why it's doing what it's doing), "Who (which router) is doing something",...

My highlighter coloring scheme is quote colorful.

• Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say 10-15 business days after you've passed the exam. That's how it was for me at-least.

Mine took 2 months! lol.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • Options
    I just received mine in the mail. Tuesday? I passed... last month. I think.

• Options
    I looked on their website, it's indicated that it has been 'processed'. Whether or not that means shipped is a different story. I've decided that after I get ICND2 out of the way I'm going to hang my certs in my office :)
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    I looked on their website, it's indicated that it has been 'processed'. Whether or not that means shipped is a different story. I've decided that after I get ICND2 out of the way I'm going to hang my certs in my office :)

I think it'll say "shipped" or something to that effect when they actually ship it out. It took them about 3 weeks to get me my certificate and card. Definitely hang em up! It's quite an accomplishment; I have mine hanging right above where I normally study. It helps to remind me that my hard work actually does pay off!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    takes about 3-7 weeks to arrive

but nothing beats the feel when it is in your mailbox :)
    And then, I started a blog ...