Options

Icnd 1 pratice exams

epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have the Cisco press books for
ICND1 and it came with the Boson pratice exams. Is there really a need to buy the full exam sim from them or is the one that came with the book good enough.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I never used the one that came with the book.

I bought the boson exam - includes a pool of three tests. Which you can configure how you want to take the test. I found it a good investment and helped to zero in on problem areas.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SUBnet192SUBnet192 Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I never used the one that came with the book.

I bought the boson exam - includes a pool of three tests. Which you can configure how you want to take the test. I found it a good investment and helped to zero in on problem areas.

Never used either. I am used to taking certification exams (Microsoft, VMware, etc.)... I labbed like hell however to be comfortable with commands, and concepts, and making sure things work the way they should :)
  • Options
    Congrats :)

I felt like I knew the content inside and out by the time I got the test. But paying for a practice exam pool is cheaper than failing - without given a real "clue" what was missed. But then again. I like hard tests. Forcing me to think is something I really enjoy ><
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    SUBnet192SUBnet192 Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Congrats :)

I felt like I knew the content inside and out by the time I got the test. But paying for a practice exam pool is cheaper than failing - without given a real "clue" what was missed. But then again. I like hard tests. Forcing me to think is something I really enjoy ><

Then join me on my quest to CCIE lol. Working on completing CCNP by end of april, then CCDA (for work) and off to CCIE land I go.
  • Options
    SUBnet192 wrote: »
    Then join me on my quest to CCIE lol. Working on completing CCNP by end of april, then CCDA (for work) and off to CCIE land I go.

I've been on the CCIE Quest since day 1. Mac Addy is going there too. Im working on collecting equipment, i'd rather not buy equipment that just serves as "This level" without any real hope of using it for the IE level. Money is money, and buying equipment isn't cheap. It's one of the reasons why I didn't cough up dough at the CCENT level, because i'd require more/higher end equipment. Shipping and handling, cost for exchanging equipment, yadda yadda.

Also, as I'd like to get into the concentration tracks, i'd rather use what i've got and just recable. Like spending 40 extra bucks on a PoE for Voip/wireless.