Options

MCITP:EA and Server 8

elad123elad123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it worth going for MCITP:EA with "server 8" around the corner? I'm currently have the MCITP:SA which i finished about 6 months ago but I am worried I will waste about 5-6 months for the 3 exams I need only to have to start the server exams all over again for "server 8".

What do you guys think, are there other people here in the same situation?

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I haven't heard anything on how the release of 8 will impact the EA track. Worst case scenario is that there's an entirely new track, but MS keeps the current MCITP lines open for the better part of a decade. Their track record with MCSE 2003, which is still available, almost ten years later (and will be until 8 comes out, most likely), indicates this.

Alternatively, MS might simply phase the old exams out rapidly, keeping the existing tracks but using new, 8-based material.

My suggestion would be to to keep working on it. The three exams will still be there, and I'm betting you'll be able to get at least two of them before 8 and its exams are out.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340