Options

Multiple Choice But....

PetrinodaPetrinoda Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Quick Question. I've been taking a lot of free practice tests online. I'm passing them but I've noticed, for example, there could be 5 multiple choice options and it says pick the methods used.. (insinuating more than one).

My question is about the actual certification test if it will tell you how many to choose or will you have to choose for yourself? I've noticed some tests say (Choose Two) sometimes or something of that nature, or does it simply say pick the best methods known. Figured I'd ask people who took the test before I go in there blind since it's my first.

Comments

• Options
    andremcullinsandremcullins Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    when you find out let me know. i take network + next thursday.
  • Options
    I haven't scheduled mine yet.. I think I'm ready but I keep going over every single simulation test I can find.. Tell yah what though.. When you find out next Thursday you let me know? plz??? :P
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Petrinoda: I haven't done the Network+ exam yet but I had a similar experience while doing practice tests for the A+ exam. However, all questions of that type on the actual A+ exams that I did (220-701 and 220-702) specified the number of choices you should make (usually 2 and rarely 3).
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    From my memory, each of the A+/Net/Sec+ CompTIA exams that have multiple answers specify picking the exact number. In other words, what Ivanjam remembers for the A+ exams is the same for the Network+ and Security+ exams.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Okay. That makes my mind rest a little more easy. Thank you guys. Appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    Oh.. One more question pertaining to this topic. Say you pick 2.. But only one of your 2 answer are right. Do you get partial credit for that question ? Or is the question just deemed completely wrong?
  • Options
    valondonvalondon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Petrinoda wrote: »
    Oh.. One more question pertaining to this topic. Say you pick 2.. But only one of your 2 answer are right. Do you get partial credit for that question ? Or is the question just deemed completely wrong?

I took the A+ exams last year and I tend to do a lot of research into certification exams. Due to the time that's passed, my memory is a tad fuzzy but I believe that the question will just be deemed wrong with no partial points. There's a chance I'm wrong though.
    A+, MTA: Networking, Net+, MTA: Security, MTA: OS Fundamentals, Security+
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    I took my exam this past friday. I got a 697. I answered all the questions. I was so pissed because i know it was my fault because i went back and over thought i few.
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.