Options

CCNA 640-802 advice

AlfistiAlfisti Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi sirs

i'm motived to get my CCNA certificate well ; it's need some effort :) .
well i'm holding PrepLogic Cisco CCNA 640-802\LearnSmart Video Training and Trainsignal Training videos.
are there good stuff?
Is there any other materiel that could help me

Thx for yours reply
Alfisti

Comments

• Options
    Volt+Volt+ Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend, if you can find it, a local college that might offer classes through the Cisco Network Academy. If anything it really helps structure your studying and keeps you motivated. At least for me without it, I am not sure if I had the self willpower to cover the vast amount of material, and more importantly I wouldn't know where to get help when I was in a jam. Unless you plan on buying your own routers and switches, it was nice to have a place that offered equipment to work on and not have to use only Packet Tracer. If you do not have Packet Tracer. That is a must for your learning experience, without exception.
  • Options
    AlfistiAlfisti Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_sad.gif i do not have sufficent money to take classrom
    that why i'm asking if someone could advice me on those materiels
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Chris Bryant at The Bryant Advantage is running a sale on his ebook right now.
    Google it!
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, learning a simple study guide (Sybex or Cisco Press) and some hands-on practice is sufficient to pass.

Watching additional videos certainly can't hurt. :)
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Volt+ wrote: »
    without it, I am not sure if I had the self willpower to cover the vast amount of material
    I agree, a personal instructor can really help with motivation!
    and more importantly I wouldn't know where to get help when I was in a jam.
    The latest Cisco IOS Documentation is his best resource--in my experience, that in some ways trumps even CCIE instructors because the command syntax and IOS behavior do change over time. If you still don't get something, there's always these forums. :)
    Unless you plan on buying your own routers and switches, it was nice to have a place that offered equipment to work on
    There are many alternatives to buying your equipment--Netsim, GNS, IOU, etc. These all cost less than a classroom experience. There are also rack rental options.. prices vary greatly, but a couple months ago you could pay $30/mo for upto 4hrs/day of access.
    If you do not have Packet Tracer. That is a must for your learning experience, without exception.
    Never used it, have no plans to, and have passed expert-level tests. I can name many, many people in the same boat.