Options

Long time lurker passed CCNA.

chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
Hello everyone,I've been lurking around this site for all kinds of resources in aiding me in my CCNA journey. I sat and passed the CCNA this past Saturday. Just wanted to share my thanks to this site and it's members, the information on this site helped me along the way.Up next Security+ or CCNA:security? icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

Good luck on whichever Security Cert you decide on.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would personally go with CCNA: Security. Sec+ felt like it was 80% networking anyway.
  • Options
    YFZblu wrote: »
    I would personally go with CCNA: Security. Sec+ felt like it was 80% networking anyway.

If I went with CCNA: Sec should I just aim for new test(640-554) and study using 640-553 books and pick up a some reading over CCP?
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chaser7783 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,I've been lurking around this site for all kinds of resources in aiding me in my CCNA journey. I sat and passed the CCNA this past Saturday. Just wanted to share my thanks to this site and it's members, the information on this site helped me along the way.Up next Security+ or CCNA:security? icon_study.gif
    Congrats man, which materials did you use for CCNA. Did you just take the one test composite route?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats man, which materials did you use for CCNA. Did you just take the one test composite route?

I took the CCNA composite test. I used Wendell Odom Official exam cert guide(ICND1 +2 books). I also read Network Warriors chapters that are covered in the ccna. Two days before the test I used CBTnuggests. Also to sharpen my subnetting skills I used this site (Practice Subnet Skills: A Place to Practice Your Subnetting Skills), the VLSM design section of that was a life saver. A few years ago I took the ccna1-4 coarses in college but never booked the exam. I had a week off for spring break and decided to cram for the test and it paid off.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats! I've been meaning to pick up that net.warriors book, i think a new edition of it is out now as well. Time to order it :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    icon_cheers.gif Congrats. I'd go with the security+ as its more recognized as an industry standard. At least with the government and government Contracting.