Options

PayPal Here signs up 1,000 users per hour on launch day - USEFUL FOR PC REPAIR/SB

filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
This service/device looks very useful for those who may run a small business / PC repair business as they can take credit card payments onsite:

PayPal Here signs up 1,000 users per hour on launch day - FierceMobileContent

PayPal Here--unveiled last week--enables small businesses and other users to process credit and debit transactions by swiping the card through a small, triangle-shaped dongle that attaches to their smartphone or tablet. Users also can access their mobile device's camera to scan and process cards and checks. PayPal Here charges merchants a flat rate of 2.7 percent per transaction, a .05 percent savings over rival Square's mobile payment offering.
CISSP, CCNA SP
Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wow, that's pretty sweet.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I liked PayPal, until they screwed me over. I sold some car tuning software (a side business I had for a while, so this was a Business/Merchant account with PayPal) that included a dongle that had to be activated for use to someone in Europe for $500. They received the product, then reversed the charges on their credit card. PayPal passed that reversal on to me. I disputed it and showed proof that this person not only received the product as advertised, but also had activated it and was using it. PayPal didn't care, because they lost to the credit card company. They put my account balance as -$500 and wouldn't let me use it again until I paid it. So I was out both $500 and the product. Never got either back. I stopped accepting PayPal after that.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Everyone wrote: »
    I liked PayPal, until they screwed me over. I sold some car tuning software (a side business I had for a while, so this was a Business/Merchant account with PayPal) that included a dongle that had to be activated for use to someone in Europe for $500. They received the product, then reversed the charges on their credit card. PayPal passed that reversal on to me. I disputed it and showed proof that this person not only received the product as advertised, but also had activated it and was using it. PayPal didn't care, because they lost to the credit card company. They put my account balance as -$500 and wouldn't let me use it again until I paid it. So I was out both $500 and the product. Never got either back. I stopped accepting PayPal after that.

Crap this is BS! I have been selling a lot on Ebay later, and have heard some other horror stories like this. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Novalith478Novalith478 Member Posts: 151
    Crap this is BS! I have been selling a lot on Ebay later, and have heard some other horror stories like this. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Happens all the time. For example a few weeks ago I was charged $120 by Microsoft randomly (didn't even buy anything from them ever using PayPal) and it got reversed. You can reverse just about anything with little proof, especially if it was via credit card. If the credit card company gets involved, they will take the money from PayPal and PayPal will ultimately screw you over too.