Options

Acrobat Pro Help - Batch Encrypting

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
We do a TON of scanning of files, then encrypt them in Acrobat before sending them to our ftp site.

Right now, we have to have someone manually kick off the encryption, so that it takes care of the hundreds of files that were scanned each day. I have been looking to see if there is a way to automate this, so that it will kick off the encryption process twice a day.

Am I grasping at straws here, or can this be done? Ive dug through the program and Googled it, but so far no luck.

Comments

• Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Bokeh wrote: »
    We do a TON of scanning of files, then encrypt them in Acrobat before sending them to our ftp site.

Right now, we have to have someone manually kick off the encryption, so that it takes care of the hundreds of files that were scanned each day. I have been looking to see if there is a way to automate this, so that it will kick off the encryption process twice a day.

Am I grasping at straws here, or can this be done? Ive dug through the program and Googled it, but so far no luck.

You can use Automated Actions to do batch encryption if you are using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (10) and that will automate it to a great degree but it still has to be engaged manually via the program from what I know.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Initially, the best "trick" I can offer is a simple AutoIt script that would be triggered when a certain window or notice came up after the doc is scanned. It's a simple, but not foolproof trick.

Otherwise, how are you encrypting the PDFs, with certificates or password only?

Have you dug through the javascript option? Is there user interaction when the file is imported or is that automated?

If you don't figure it out with Waffles suggestion or JS, I might ask your question over at Acrobat User Community with a bit of detail on what your attempting to do (pass / cert., automation, etc.)
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness