Options

Anyone used CCP?

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I downloaded it late last night, installed it and got off task by studying.

Has anyone else used it yet?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCP? --Messgae needs to be longer.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Cisco Configuration Professional

Yes, I used it once. Alot like using CCA or SDM.
  • Options
    I looked on Cisco's website, looks very much like SDM. I may put a video up on YouTube later on what it's like.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used CCP and CCA which messed up my machines in the past but, I had to upgrade the products to work properly. I have used SDM for security stuff and the CCA for the Cisco UC520 &UC320 routers for phone system.

CPP - Cisco Configuration Professional - YouTube

Discover the Cisco Configuration Assistant - YouTube

*I hope these help
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I have used CCP and CCA which messed up my machines in the past but, I had to upgrade the products to work properly. I have used SDM for security stuff and the CCA for the Cisco UC520 &UC320 routers for phone system.

You were able to use CCA with the UC320? I didn't think that was supposed to work.
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□

CPP - Cisco Configuration Professional - YouTube

Discover the Cisco Configuration Assistant - YouTube

*I hope these help

Yeah... oops I configured the UC320 with the GUI (i.e. https:// browser) but; I had gotten the Cisco username /password to use the CLI which enabled more features (Cisco admin only). However, this product was more buggy than anything with FXO/FXS ports were setup with weird default settings and a power fail over. We had to reach out to Cisco to get some assistance with FXO/FXS ports and caller id issue which was an quick Cisco firmware update. I like the UC500 series and yes you can use CCA or CLI with this device and this router is has more functions.
  • Options
    I'm not too fond of the UC320's right now. They take forever to load. Especially when you're accessing it from a remote location. I'm just bitter as I've been working with one all afternoon. Though, they're perfect for a site w/ less than 24 people.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I usually stick with CLI, something about the black background and green background icon_smile.gif

Plus it just seems to be quicker for me. CCP/SDM takes a while to load not sure if that's still true but that's how it was when it was first released. I haven't looked back at it since.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS