Udacity - a new era in learning?

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm sure you guys know the AI, Crypto and other courses Stanford U has been offering online. The professor who did the AI course has resigned and founded Udacity - Educating the 21st Century which is offering some free online learning. Very cool.

Comments

• martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    read about this.

think its a good thing to adjust education to 21st century. i guess everyone who attended an university knows that they are just operating like 1000 years ago ...

i even attend a course which dealt with universitys back in the year 1000 something in europe ... and we came to the conclusion that nothing changed since then :D
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the link signed up for the Crypto class just to try it out.
  • jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is one of the best finds on TE. Thank you for placing the free university, this really fulfills the highest potential of the web. The Internet should enable much higher quality at much lower prices and in the tradition of the web these few professors prove university eduction is no exception.

It is obscene that some universities charge a premium to take a distance education class.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I wish I had time for the adv crypto class. That sounds like fun. Maybe I will catch the next session after I'm finished with WGU.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    MIT has been doing something similar for quite a while now and have recently put a bigger push on what they are offering:

Computer Science Stuff:
    Free Online Course Materials | Courses | MIT OpenCourseWare
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?