Options

Anybody on this forum use EndNote?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
It's a biblography application that auto cites your manuscript, research paper, etc. It plugs into Word and when you get to a point where you need to reference you select the style you want and just hit insert and it drops it in the body. At the end you configure how you want your biblography to appear and then format and it builds out your biblography and your in body references.

This is one of the applications I support and it will make writing papers in Grad school sooooooo much easier.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In my last job most off the scientists used it, how else do you think all the published paper look identical :)

It does some really cleaver stuff (if you are writing papers), you can have it work from a centralised database, and pull data back from online pulishers so you can research as you write.

Why did they not have this when I was at Uni :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    In my last job most off the scientists used it, how else do you think all the published paper look identical :)

It does some really cleaver stuff (if you are writing papers), you can have it work from a centralised database, and pull data back from online pulishers so you can research as you write.

Why did they not have this when I was at Uni :)

You know exactly what I am talking about. Yeah you have txt files in the folder and you can import them into the database. There are dozens of terms list (txt files) that you can import into the database. You can also go out to the EndNote website and download additional styles and terms from their website. I know in the medical community you can go to different sites like JAMA and Ovid and pull down their terms and styles as well.

It's really helpful!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My last place of work with 500+ veterinary scientist on site we had quite a large use for it ;), have installed it and set it up quite a few times I can tell you :)

Veterinary Laboratories Agency: Home Page
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.