Options

2600 Software

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Can someone tell me the most recent and complete software i can load on my 2610's.I have 64M Ram and 16M flash.As far as i can tell Rel 12.2 is the lastest i can use and from the cisco site the lastest load is 12.2.29 (GD),Also below is a list of feature sets within this release, which in the list is the most complete of the software sets?
I have tryed to find somewhere with this info without success, so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be great.Also i read somewhere on the board it's not illegal to use cisco software once its for studying purposes, so if someone has or knows where i can find this software a PM would be appreiciated.

ENTERPRISE PLUS
ENTERPRISE PLUS IPSEC 3DES
ENTERPRISE PLUS IPSEC 56
ENTERPRISE PLUS/H323 MCM
ENTERPRISE/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES
ENTERPRISE/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 56
ENTERPRISE/SNASW PLUS
ENTERPRISE/SNASW PLUS IPSEC 3DES
ENTERPRISE/SNASW PLUS IPSEC 56
IP
IP PLUS
IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES
IP PLUS IPSEC 56
IP/FW/IDS
IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES
IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 56
IP/H323
IP/IPX/AT/DEC
IP/IPX/AT/DEC PLUS
IP/IPX/AT/DEC/FW/IDS PLUS
REMOTE ACCESS SERVER
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Well, it really depends on the options you are looking for, this is the latest release supported on the 2610M is 12.3.

12.3(11)T5
    c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.123-11.T5

Thats the advanced enterprise pack, has most of the goodies. I speced your 2610 as as single multiplatform with no add ons, so if you have installed modules, it may vary.

I wish I could help you obtain it, but I can only download for production use, to get a download for educational purposes I have to go through all kinds of hoops and through several people. Sounds kinda backwards, but I am too honest for my own good. angel.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Well, it really depends on the options you are looking for, this is the latest release supported on the 2610M is 12.3.

12.3(11)T5
    c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.123-11.T5

Thats the advanced enterprise pack, has most of the goodies. I speced your 2610 as as single multiplatform with no add ons, so if you have installed modules, it may vary.

I wish I could help you obtain it, but I can only download for production use, to get a download for educational purposes I have to go through all kinds of hoops and through several people. Sounds kinda backwards, but I am too honest for my own good. angel.gif

Thanks Johnny,
    It's easier to find what i'm looking for, when i know what i'm looking for!!
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.123-11.T5 is made for the XM series of 2600 routers. 32-64MB Flash and 128-256MB Ram.

With a basic 2600 I would go with a 12.2 IOS because you can get the Enterprise plus features combined with either IPSec/Firewall or H323 Features. With 12.3 you can only get Enterprise Basic or IP Plus/H323 and IP Plus/Firewall.

c2600-j1s3-mz.123-15.bin - Enterprise Basic
    c2600-is3x-mz.123-15.bin - H323
    c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-15.bin -Firewall/IPSec

c2600-jk9o3s-mz.122-29.bin - Enterprise/Firewall/IPSec Plus
    c2600-jsx-mz.122-29.bin - Enterprise/H323 Plus
  • Options
    Thanks turnerX for that complete answer,
    when do you plan on taking your CCIE?