Options

Problems with pinging*

mindzfreakmindzfreak Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey friends out there, i've encounter a weirdo problem. I've done all my static route on all of the routers but i still cant ping from Each router to another. What could be the problem ?

PRACTICE.pkt

Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    mindzfreak wrote: »
    Hey friends out there, i've encounter a weirdo problem. I've done all my static route on all of the routers but i still cant ping from Each router to another. What could be the problem ?

PRACTICE.pkt

Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

As I mentioned in the last post of yours that I replied to, you may want to revisit the basics of IP subnetting and routing. You seem to be "finding the answers" but not obtaining and retaining the knowledge you need to be successful. In your previous posts, people have pointed you in the right direction, yet you seem to run the car right off the road again each time.

BTW, my last reply... http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/75701-just-wont-let-me-get-100-even-done-correctly-o-o.html

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The hosts you have listed for each router should be for a Fast Ethernet connection, not a serial connection. The /30 address should be for each of the 4 serial connections, just make sure each end is in the same subnet.
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    The hosts you have listed for each router should be for a Fast Ethernet connection, not a serial connection. The /30 addressshould be for each of the 4 serial connections, just make sure each end is in the same subnet.

Hmm in other words..?
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    The hosts you have listed for each router should be for a Fast Ethernet connection, not a serial connection. The /30 address should be for each of the 4 serial connections, just make sure each end is in the same subnet.

But since each of the routers have its own specific host, there's no way i can end with same subnet on the port can i?
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On the 4 serial connections, the link from HQ to R1 must be in the same subnet. The link from HQ to R3 must be in a different than the link to R1. Same principle goes for R1, R2, & R3.
    For instance -
    Link from HQ to R1 - HQ interface is 10.1.224.1/30, R1 interface is 10.1.224.2/30.
    Link from HQ to R3 - HQ interface is 10.224.1.5/30, R3 interface is 10.1.224.6/30.
    Link from R1 to R2 - R1 interface is 10.1.224.9/30, R2 interface is 10.1.224.10/30
    Link from R2 to R3 - R3 interface is 10.1.224.13/30, R3 interface is 10.1.224.14/30

Remember, a /30 subnet mask only allows two IP addresses, which is ideal for connections between two routers.

The connections for required hosts (56, 43, 29, & 3)would go on a FastEthernet interface.

does this help?
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Say you have two routers named R1 and R2 connected with hosts connected to each router. The hosts on R1 would be on one subnet. The hosts on R2 would be on another subnet. The link between R1 and R2 would be on a 3rd subnet. So you would need a total of 3 subnets.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD