Options

server 2008 r2 AD DS

arashaaarashaa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi ;

so the situation is like this : one winxp pc , another pc running win 7 , with an xp and Server 2008 R2 running virtually on the 7...so there are four hosts , 3 client , one server)...my virtual OSs( xp and 7) can connect to server 2008 r2 ( which is a DC) join that domian , but the real xp on another pc won't join the server 2008 domain .they can all ping each other , same configuration on all of the clients , but only virtual clients can join domain...the error relates something to DNS in xp.

tnx.

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    What platform are the Virtual OSes running on? You may need to bridge the network connection both networks.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    arashaa wrote: »
    hi ;

so the situation is like this : one winxp pc , another pc running win 7 , with an xp and Server 2008 R2 running virtually on the 7...so there are four hosts , 3 client , one server)...my virtual OSs( xp and 7) can connect to server 2008 r2 ( which is a DC) join that domian , but the real xp on another pc won't join the server 2008 domain .they can all ping each other , same configuration on all of the clients , but only virtual clients can join domain...the error relates something to DNS in xp.

tnx.

Did you set your dns settings on the physical xp computer to point to the virtual DC's ip address? If not give that a try. Also you need to make sure that your virtual os's and physical computers are running on the same network. As in all the same ip range.
  • Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    What Kris said makes more sense, that should resolve your issue.
  • Options
    arashaaarashaa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it just works fine right now and i do now know the reason , cause this morning when i tested it again with all those configuration i made earlier , it worked...thanks anyway:)